What watch do you wear?

Has anyone got a Citizen Eco Drive BL5250-53L?

I'm interested in your thoughts, as i'm thinking of buying a new watch in the new year and like the look of this one.

Managed to get Ernest Jones to knock 15% off a ladies Omega over the phone. I asked for 20% but they wouldnt go that far. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and going to push them as far as possible. Anyone here managed 20% off at EJ?

Photo%2011-12-2012%2010%2006%2009.jpg

Black.

Managed to get Ernest Jones to knock 15% off a ladies Omega over the phone. I asked for 20% but they wouldnt go that far. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and going to push them as far as possible. Anyone here managed 20% off at EJ?

You are lucky to get 15%...Omega are cracking down on retailers discounting and EJ have already lost much of their official status as Omega push for more exclusiveness.

You are lucky to get 15%...Omega are cracking down on retailers discounting and EJ have already lost much of their official status as Omega push for more exclusiveness.

So if the store the previous posted had phoned was due to lose its status as an authorised dealer would they not be more willing to discount? Since they'd presumably have to heavily discount any remaining stock further once that status has gone. Am just assuming here but they were willing to discount...

So if the store the previous posted had phoned was due to lose its status as an authorised dealer would they not be more willing to discount? Since they'd presumably have to heavily discount any remaining stock further once that status has gone. Am just assuming here but they were willing to discount...

That's not what I said, I said Omega are actively discouraging discounting through its partner retailers...with many stores having their authorised status either reduced or removed as Omega move toward more exclusivity. This affects the discounts available as even authorised dealers are having to absorb such discounts themselves unless it is in one of Omega's authorised discounting periods, Goldsmiths for example offer other incentives such as 0% finance over 4 years and Free service periods while liimiting discounting to authorised periods and models. Both Goldsmiths and EJ have had many of their stores de-authorised by Omega.

That's not what I said, I said Omega are actively discouraging discounting through its partner retailers...with many stores having their authorised status either reduced or removed as Omega move toward more exclusivity. This affects the discounts available as even authorised dealers are having to absorb such discounts themselves unless it is in one of Omega's authorised discounting periods, Goldsmiths for example offer other incentives such as 0% finance over 4 years and Free service periods while liimiting discounting to authorised periods and models. Both Goldsmiths and EJ have had many of their stores de-authorised by Omega.

This may explain why my local Goldsmiths no longer stocks Omega.

I won't bother phoning Goldsmiths then if they aren't offering worthwhile discounts comparable to the 15% offered by EJ.

This may explain why my local Goldsmiths no longer stocks Omega.

I won't bother phoning Goldsmiths then if they aren't offering worthwhile discounts comparable to the 15% offered by EJ.

It's always worth a try as the model you want may be in a discount period. It's just getting more difficult to get discounts and 15% is pretty good which is why they probably wouldn't budge any more. Tell Goldsmiths what EJ are offering, see what they say.

That's not what I said, I said Omega are actively discouraging discounting through its partner retailers...with many stores having their authorised status either reduced or removed as Omega move toward more exclusivity.

Yes.... so if a store was due to lose its authorised dealer status would they not be happy to discount? I didn't say that the particular store is in that situation, I'm asking a question.

Back
Top Bottom