What watch do you wear?

Got a quick question for you watch people. I've used digital watches for about 20 years and only just ventured to an analogue. I can set the date on one of the dials but not the month. As it always goes to 31 surely everytime there's a month with less than 31 days I'm going to have to set it again? Common problem?

Yes.... so if a store was due to lose its authorised dealer status would they not be happy to discount? I didn't say that the particular store is in that situation, I'm asking a question.

I wouldn't know. I would expect that they would not be allowed to sell Omega with authorised warranties etc which would reduce the value of the items anyway...however I doubt they would risk their other outlets authorised status in such a way.

I wouldn't know. I would expect that they would not be allowed to sell Omega with authorised warranties etc which would reduce the value of the items anyway...however I doubt they would risk their other outlets authorised status in such a way.

Yeah that could be true as far as chains are concerned... maybe any unsold stock goes to the still authorised stores...
Does make me wonder though whether there are discounts to be had in the short term from independents who are due to lose authorised dealer status.

Turned up this morning :)

cld09Q5I

azx7O9dN

7lANcWpC

Its the same size as the Accurist i've been wearing for about 4 years, but a lot lighter as it titanium vs stainless steel. I just need to adjust the band.

The missus has bought one of these for my Christmas present

Seiko 5 Atlas Map Meter SKZ211K1 Gents 200m Automatic

skz211k1v2.gif

Features:

Movement: Automatic
Calibre: 7S36 (23 Jewels)
Crystal: Hardlex crystal
Dial: Black with rotating compass and luminous green hands
Bezel: Unidirectional black bezel
Case: Stainless steel with screw down knurled crown
Case diameter: 47mm with crowns
Bezel diameter: 40mm
Case thickness: 14mm
Water resistance: 200meters
Bracelet/Strap: Solid stainless steel link bracelet

Cannot wait for Christmas Day. :D

Last edited:
I have a seiko that ive owned for about 10 years, a couple of times ive gone out to buy a omega seamaster but bottle it and come home empty handed, just cant justify £1300 on a watch

I have a seiko that ive owned for about 10 years, a couple of times ive gone out to buy a omega seamaster but bottle it and come home empty handed, just cant justify £1300 on a watch

Bought this in Belize in 1989, on it's third battery change next week.

Been all over the world with me, including parachute jumps.

Getting the bezel changed with seals and battery, and getting the minutes dial inside lined up properly, last jeweller 10 years ago made a mess, didn't bother rectifying it.

IMG_20121216_120325.jpg

I wear a Christopher Ward C5 Malvern
I've had it about 2 months, and apart from an issue with the strap it's been brilliant.

My strap was showing a lot of wear and tear in the few months that I've had it, so on Thursday I sent an email to Christopher Ward with the picture and received a brand new strap on Saturday. Excellent customer service from them and would definitely choose a watch from them over others tbh

Back
Top Bottom