What watch do you wear?

I'm getting another new watch tomorrow, first one that is going to cost over £50!

Nothing super flash, just nice a tidy. It's made by Pulsar and I'm buying it from work so I get 10% discount. Retailing it £79.99. This one.

Nice, smooth, clean and modern with all the classical chrono functions.

I like, good choice! :)

Hope you enjoy!

Loving my new Citizen Eco-Drive watch - never have to buy a battery and never have to change the time or date - ticks all the boxes for me!

watchre.jpg

I dug out an old ladies Eco Drive from a box of junk left at my dads house. It wasnt running but after one day of being left in the sun and its working fine now. Great watches. My dad got me a titanium Eco Drive for my 17th birthday and its still running 13 years later.

Talking of Pre-owned, can anyone recommend any decent pre-owned websites?

I got mine from Watchfinder.co.uk. The service was excellent and the experience was enjoyable. Mine was priced at £1,200 but we agreed a price of £1,050. It's eight years old but looks new - they really do a great job of polishing and refurbishing the watches. They also allow you to pay using interest free finance which was another bonus for me. I really can't recommend them highly enough.

My new watch, another Orient to add to my little collection. Just a quick pic as not had a chance to get any decent photos yet and also have another new watch (this time not for me) that I want to shoot at the weekend.

OrientMakoXLTemp.jpg

I got mine from Watchfinder.co.uk. The service was excellent and the experience was enjoyable. Mine was priced at £1,200 but we agreed a price of £1,050. It's eight years old but looks new - they really do a great job of polishing and refurbishing the watches. They also allow you to pay using interest free finance which was another bonus for me. I really can't recommend them highly enough.

Excellent; I'll keep this in mind and start saving now! :)

I redid the lume on my Fakemaster Planet Ocean last night. I really like the new two-tone style on the 8500 planet ocean but wanted both hands to be green. I haven't done the pearl though. It turned out alright!

20915-closeup.png

Just bought a Fossil watch, I'm not a big watch person but wanted on and I like Fossil stuff as a brand

I saw some in store today and while some looked nice I had no idea on what they were like, pic!

I picked up a watch after many many years so can post something other than a phone :p

tissot_4.jpg

The box is a bit OTT with all the side drawers and booklets of MotoGP/History of the company but a nice touch nonetheless.

Get some good lume - I used noctilumina and it is expensive, but people seem to have trouble with cheap stuff, and it doesn't glow well.

Second is to practise a lot. Its incredibly fiddly and getting the right ratio for the blend of powder and binder is tricky. I would recommend doing it under magnification.

If you only have one watch to relume, there is a guy in France who'll do it pretty cheaply with amazing quality. DIY is more fun though! Perhaps fun isnt the right word...taking a mechanical watch apart is scary, and bear in mind mine only cost 90 quid!

Last edited:
Get some good lume - I used noctilumina and it is expensive, but people seem to have trouble with cheap stuff, and it doesn't glow well.

Second is to practise a lot. Its incredibly fiddly and getting the right ratio for the blend of powder and binder is tricky. I would recommend doing it under magnification.

If you only have one watch to relume, there is a guy in France who'll do it pretty cheaply with amazing quality. DIY is more fun though! Perhaps fun isnt the right word...taking a mechanical watch apart is scary, and bear in mind mine only cost 90 quid!

Details of guy in France? Sounds interesting!

Back
Top Bottom