What watch do you wear?

So I went with a Fossil watch. Best price I saw online was £108 and actually found it in a high street store called Menkind in The Glades shopping centre in Bromley for £101.25 so I bought it there and then.

IMG_20121229_181537.jpg

I think it has been said here before that £1k is a bit of an awkward number for watches.

You can try oris, hamilton, nomos, stowa, but in some cases (sorry...) you might wonder what you are getting over and above a £500 watch.

If your dad doesn't mind a 'lookalike', then you might consider a cw c60 http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/sport/c60-tri-sks.html

Also, £1k used would open up more options (some omegas depreciate like mad if that is a preference) and used with watches can be made to look entirely new

Last edited:
Ahh you mean it's showing the watch with stainless steel bracelet strap and not a /bracelet/ on it's own?

Yes that's what I meant, as in, I'm looking for a place to buy just that strap for my watch (which is the same watch as in the link, just with black strap).

sorry, strap = leather or other material, bracelet = metal, I was just being too literal! Thought you were looking for a strap. You can get aftermarket bracelets but usually a poor fit in terms of the end links hugging the case

£60 isn't bad for a watch specific bracelet

sorry, strap = leather or other material, bracelet = metal, I was just being too literal! Thought you were looking for a strap. You can get aftermarket bracelets but usually a poor fit in terms of the end links hugging the case

£60 isn't bad for a watch specific bracelet

I see!

Reason being I'm finding that the clasp is hugely useful but the curved end of the inner bit that rests on your wrist often scrapes too much against my wrist causing minor discomfort, this is the same at any size adjustment and I've found it's probably to do with the clasp base not sitting perfectly centre on the wrist in relation to the watch itself when closed. A butterfly clasp sits perfectly centre from what I've googled so if I can get a butterfly clasp that would fit that would do the trick maybe!

The bracelet looks nicer but the leather is no doubt more comfortable over all.

Edit*

Gonna check this out!

Last edited:
I see!

Reason being I'm finding that the clasp is hugely useful but the curved end of the inner bit that rests on your wrist often scrapes too much against my wrist causing minor discomfort, this is the same at any size adjustment and I've found it's probably to do with the clasp base not sitting perfectly centre on the wrist in relation to the watch itself when closed. A butterfly clasp sits perfectly centre from what I've googled so if I can get a butterfly clasp that would fit that would do the trick maybe!

The bracelet looks nicer but the leather is no doubt more comfortable over all.

Edit*

Gonna check this out!

£60 is pretty cheap for an oem bracelet, breitling and IWC charge over a grand for theirs.

That clasp looks pretty nasty, a decent deployant will cost £25+ generally,

something like this:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/18mm-BRUSHED...ltDomain_0&hash=item58834b2fc9#ht_1125wt_1272

I'm happy to try a few out so will try that one cheers! That one also is more fitting to the look/quality of the watch casing itself so that's good :)

Back
Top Bottom