What watch do you wear?

Quick picture of my current collection minus my Ball Engineer Master II World Timer and some older Seiko's, Citizens and random watches I've picked up.

From the left, my Seiko 5 - the first auto watch I've owned but since being dropped onto concrete it doesnt keep time so well.
Seiko Samurai - my personal favourite out of the whole collection; lightweight and looks awesome. Plus it's been around the world with me.
B&R BR02-92 - I like dive watches and this supposedly goes down to 1000m, lol. I dont like the PVD coating however as its already wearing on the edges.
Rolex Explorer II - Only just picked this up and theres a spec of dust underneath the crystal; I'm not pleased to say the least so once I sort this out it will be going ASAP.
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Titanium - love this watch. It has the liquid metal dial and bezel and the picture doesnt do it justice. Plus it has a 4 year warranty and weighs a lot less than the very heave SS planet ocean. I might keep this one if I sell the B&R and the Rolex.

20130121_213033.jpg

Quick picture of my current collection minus my Ball Engineer Master II World Timer and some older Seiko's, Citizens and random watches I've picked up.

From the left, my Seiko 5 - the first auto watch I've owned but since being dropped onto concrete it doesnt keep time so well.
Seiko Samurai - my personal favourite out of the whole collection; lightweight and looks awesome. Plus it's been around the world with me.
B&R BR02-92 - I like dive watches and this supposedly goes down to 1000m, lol. I dont like the PVD coating however as its already wearing on the edges.
Rolex Explorer II - Only just picked this up and theres a spec of dust underneath the crystal; I'm not pleased to say the least so once I sort this out it will be going ASAP.
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Titanium - love this watch. It has the liquid metal dial and bezel and the picture doesnt do it justice. Plus it has a 4 year warranty and weighs a lot less than the very heave SS planet ocean. I might keep this one if I sell the B&R and the Rolex.

Nice collection. If I buy another watch that isn't an Orient I think a B&R will be on the list, would like a BR 01 92, steel on a leather strap.

Nice collection. If I buy another watch that isn't an Orient I think a B&R will be on the list, would like a BR 01 92, steel on a leather strap.

Thanks, I recommend you dont go for a PVD coated one though unless you don't mind the coating wearing off. I was a little miffed because I thought it would be much harder wearing. Planning on selling mine soon.

People still wear watches?

Seems pointless now, one thing I always have on me is my mobile phone so much point in a watch....

Unless it's an Android watch which can be used as a phone.

Seems pointless now

You say that but once you get a nice watch you'll wonder why you ever said it. I was the same for 11 years after losing my Timex and getting a phone then just CBA-ing with watches up until now when I looked around and found something that I liked the look of.

As said elsewhere, every man should have a watch :D

A US$10,000 watch, nice present from dad! I think that will be a Classic Fusion chronograph rather than a Big Bang though.

21046-521.NX.1170.NX.jpg

Yes that's it. He's got a bit of a thing for watches my dad. He's got a TAG, Omega and a Breitling. He let me choose one for myself as I love watches too, so long as I promised to look after it... :D.

the thing with Quality time pieces is that if you look after them well and service them (which you should if your spending large amounts on them) they will hold their value especially the limited edition runs that a lot of the swiss watch makers do

I take it servicing is recommended for higher end automatics and not needed for quartz? What do they do during a service? I understand in the case of an Omega it gets depth certified and re-sealed etc but what about other Swiss watches!

I want to keep this Tissot for as long as I can :)

Last edited:
Its £250 to service my watch. I have had it for the best part of 8 years and it still runs fine. I will probably service it when it has a problem rather then every 2 years as it will soon add up to a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom