What watch do you wear?

That Monaco is stunning, shame i can't quite afford the 9k :( If i had that sort of cash I'd be going for a JLC Master Compressor Navy Seals Edition

5ctszkrz.jpg

Quite tempted by either of these 2 - thoughts?

Steinhart Triton
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/TRITON-30ATM-Dual-Time,544.html

Ocean Black DLC
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-BLACK-DLC,259.html

Those are nice watches but damn at the diameter! Where are all the 40m (-crown) ones :o

I think I'll get a bracelet for mine having had a think about how not-so-long leather ones are supposed to last.

I've found this site: http://www.bablas.co.uk/tissot-prc200-watch-bracelet-t361-461.html

Anyone bought from them before?

In hindsight I should have just bought the bracelet version in the first place, this in total will have cost me as much :p

One good thing to come out of it is the butterfly clasp can go on the Seiko 5 I suppose.

That Monaco is stunning, shame i can't quite afford the 9k :( If i had that sort of cash I'd be going for a JLC Master Compressor Navy Seals Edition

Quite tempted by either of these 2 - thoughts?

Ocean Black DLC
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-BLACK-DLC,259.html

The Ocean Black gets my vote. a lovely homage to the deep sea abyss.

Steinharts get very good reviews over on the watchuseek forums.

wouldnt mind one myself actually.

the worst thing i have to contend with is the wife though. i have 6 pieces in my collection all of fairly low value ranging from 50ish to 400ish (although at £400 for my most recent watch she feels this is very expensive for a watch)
its hard to convince her that i could do with another watch.

These are the 2 watches that started it all off for me bought for me as presents from my nan around 8-9 years ago (still wear the fossil as my current daily, solsuno needs a battery which i havent got around to replacing)

watch_zps111e554e.jpg

nil4971_solsuno_2_zpsd9d23779.jpg

My latest one, bought last month.

Christopher Ward

19064S.jpg

Hey, this looks lovely. I'm really keen to ask you your thoughts on this.

Would you mind emailing me a 'review' of this watch. (If you've time?)

grollings "at" gmail "dot" com

Regards,

Greg

I decided that I didn't / don't really like the rubber strap on one of my dailys :

ffbLyhh.jpg

So off with the strap :

HrcxSwi.jpg

And tried a (cheap stainless steel bracelet) :

Uwhkp7S.jpg

fbPirVY.jpg

2wfpA2W.jpg

Looks OK, but should have ordered the rounded end instead of the straight - oops !

Looks alright on for work though:

RSmu4wa.jpg

I also tried with a Nato strap after seeing some of the others in this thread:

PzI4pa7.jpg

WmMKZp1.jpg

LDQr57g.jpg

And i actually like this a lot better than the stainless :

uP6qHGl.jpg

0xyU67m.jpg

ax7iQd0.jpg

I may also get a black stainless (with rounded ends :P) to see how that looks as well :)

Dear god, said it before but some seriously nice watches in here, i better start looking for a new one, as my sekondas strap came loose while out on the bike, all i can say they dont like tarmac lol
Like the idea of the Nato straps too, would suit my wirst shape a bit better than a metal link one as they often dig in too much.

I like the Nato^^ The bracelet would finish it off nicely with rounded ends though yeah :)

Anyone tried a butterfly clasp on a Nato? I'm still waiting for Seiko to send my 5 back dammit so I can try!

Also Bablas replied to my email about the missing rounded end to the bracelet, according to them every bracelet is sent checked and sealed from the manufacturer and they've asked me to send pics of the packet so they can "Investigate" via the manufacturer.

I've made sure to mention that if it takes too long and they cannot help then I'd want a refund so will see how long this takes.

As a side note I phoned Ernest Jones last week and they were supposed to get back to me with a price on the Tissot bracelet but they only phoned this morning...£119 so £30 cheaper than Bablas and this jeweller is 15minutes walk from work.

Why does this always happen to me :D

Both the bracelet and nato look miles better than the rubber strap.

Cheers, yeah, but im really liking the Nato which I wasn't really sure I would :)

I like the Nato^^ The bracelet would finish it off nicely with rounded ends though yeah :)

Anyone tried a butterfly clasp on a Nato? I'm still waiting for Seiko to send my 5 back dammit so I can try!

Thanks and no i haven't - i like the look of them though, not sure it it would go with a Nato? Definitely interested to see it ;)

Also Bablas replied to my email about the missing rounded end to the bracelet, according to them every bracelet is sent checked and sealed from the manufacturer and they've asked me to send pics of the packet so they can "Investigate" via the manufacturer.

I've made sure to mention that if it takes too long and they cannot help then I'd want a refund so will see how long this takes.

As a side note I phoned Ernest Jones last week and they were supposed to get back to me with a price on the Tissot bracelet but they only phoned this morning...£119 so £30 cheaper than Bablas and this jeweller is 15minutes walk from work.

Why does this always happen to me :D

:P hope you get sorted :)

Just got off the phone with Seiko, a very nice sounding lady said that it's currently awaiting movement stock as they were intending to replace the entire movement but stock date is unknown so could take this long:

[2013-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Sun going Supernova]

The alternative was to opt for an overhaul which means they inspect the existing movement and replace parts that need replacing. I am fine with this so said go ahead. If it doesn't work after that then they will await stock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom