What watch do you wear?

Simulatorman,

as promised....

JEP_7840.jpg

JEP_7843.jpg

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
I'll admit, at first I was a bit confused on how to attach it and wear so had to Youtube it like a massive noob :o

I didn't like the double strap section below the backplate so removed (read: cut properly so it's not even obvious!) it and it wears flusher with my wrist now.

The Mako face is black but not pure black, it's kind of like the off black shade you see on Eco-Drive watches. The stripes and black of the Mato suits this very well.

What do you guys think?

nato_front.jpg

nato_front2.jpg

nato_back.jpg

What have you done to that once lovely looking watch?? :(

Oh I'm not worried about the Tissot glass scratching as it's sapphire, it's the polished stainless steel casing that I'd be bummed about scratching because it will stand out more than a brushed casing (Orient), like how car paint swirls look rubbish in sunlight. Want to keep it shiny :D

You can yep but it costs a bit extra (Around £340) and Tissot has released an updated model as well which a reddit user summed up nicely:

Outgoing: http://www.watchshop.com/mens-tissot-prc200-chronograph-watch-t0554171105700-p99949686.html
New design: http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Tissot-Gents-PRC-200-T17.1.526.52-.html

Damn you MRK I was meant to be saving money this month but have just bought an Orient. I went for the Orient Ray in black. Such nice looking watches that I had a hard time deciding between the two. Crazy low price so I may buy the Mako next month :D I bought from the USA so under 100GBP equivalent. We don't pay any import tax in NZ for items under 200GBP so it makes it worthwhile importing stuff like this (plus you cant buy it locally anyway haha) :)

Blue Mako ordered Wednesday and arrived today - I'm impressed with that for free delivery.
After an initial panic mode of OMG the day reads 'VIE' not 'FRI' I thought I'd received a foreign market version. Luckily it didn't take long to realise my mistake... :o

Damn you MRK I was meant to be saving money this month but have just bought an Orient. I went for the Orient Ray in black. Such nice looking watches that I had a hard time deciding between the two. Crazy low price so I may buy the Mako next month :D I bought from the USA so under 100GBP equivalent. We don't pay any import tax in NZ for items under 200GBP so it makes it worthwhile importing stuff like this (plus you cant buy it locally anyway haha) :)

Hah excellent! I do like the Ray Raven, the black bracelet looks amazing but I wonder if it's just a black overcoat instead of solid. If the former then I can imagine silver showing through as it wears over time?

Must Resist!

As for the Mako+Nato+formal shirt, I think it looks fine in reality.It's "different" to the usual watches people at work are wearing I'll give it that but different is also good :)
rps20130208_095253.jpg
I checked the time keeping with the Tissot & radio clock last night as well and am still happy to report it's matching up, it's hard to sync up the seconds between the two precisely as you can't hack the Mako but I managed to match with seconds apart and they're both keeping the same time several days on.

Blue Mako ordered Wednesday and arrived today - I'm impressed with that for free delivery.
After an initial panic mode of OMG the day reads 'VIE' not 'FRI' I thought I'd received a foreign market version. Luckily it didn't take long to realise my mistake... :o

Pictures!

Hah excellent! I do like the Ray Raven, the black bracelet looks amazing but I wonder if it's just a black overcoat instead of solid. If the former then I can imagine silver showing through as it wears over time?

Oh, I didn't get the all black version. It's the standard Ray with the black face (ie not blue, orange, etc)

Check the video part for each model, attention to detail is staggering and the materials used. I like the designs more over an equivalent Omega too I think.

Back
Top Bottom