What watch do you wear?

I currently use this watch every day.

4821.jpg

As i am prone to braking watches and this one seems solid.

Not worn a watch in nearly 20 years, I dont really like the big chunky ones though. I'd like it when they invent sub dermal ultra thin watches though just under the skin so you can see through or stick on wafer thin ones :)

I respect your opinion, and am saddened that you cannot pay me the same honour. However I still believe that the TH Carrera is a poor version of the Speedmaster. Nothing sly about it, it's simply my view.

explain how you come to this conclusion? the dial layout is different, the sub dials are designed differently.

Is the rolex daytona a copy aswell?

Why is the tag a 'poor' version?

Is every chrono with a tachymetre a copy of the speedmaster?

explain how you come to this conclusion? the dial layout is different, the sub dials are designed differently.

i also prefer the looks of the carrera :p dont listen to these crazy people ;)

If you can't see the similarities between the Speedmaster and the Carrera then I'm afraid you have wool over your eyes. Of course they have to introduce some differences otherwise it's just a blatant copy. This is a more subtle copy.

The Speedmaster

- has a greater heritage
- was here first
- has a better movement and is arguably better made
- is a more classic / classy / better-looking watch

...and for your benefit, IMO ;).

Don't get so defensive though, it's only a watch, and the fact that you prefer it is all that matters.

If you can't see the similarities between the Speedmaster and the Carrera then I'm afraid you have wool over your eyes. Of course they have to introduce some differences otherwise it's just a blatant copy. This is a more subtle copy.

The Speedmaster

- has a greater heritage
- was here first
- has a better movement and is arguably better made
- is a more classic / classy / better-looking watch

...and for your benefit, IMO ;).

Don't get so defensive though, it's only a watch, and the fact that you prefer it is all that matters.

of course they are similar, in that they are both chronos with 3 sub faces, but the sub faces are in different positions. There are 100s of 3 face chronos out there.

Take a look here and educate yourself on the heritage of the Heuer Carrera's

http://www.chronomaddox.com/heuer/articles/carrera_article/heuer_carrera_article.html

A lot of the iterations of the speedys use the same valjoux 7750 movement as the tag carrera

your opinion on the looks are your own business as that is totally subjective and you are entitled to your opinion, i quite like the speedy myself, but choose the tag as i feel its 'fresher' looking.

and you havent responded re the rolex daytona

Hmm anyone know of a watch which fits my requirements?

Basically I really like the Swatch Red Sunday

http://www.swatch.com/gb_en/watches/fw2008_corecollection.product-GB750.html

But I'd really like a watch with brown leather strap.

It wouldn't really work with this due to the black case, so it would need just the bare metal for the case, then a black bezel. The bezel ideally would be similar to this one; ie: tells the time - no nonsense and simple. Also I'd prefer quartz. I don't really want a date thing on it either.

Of course, I can hopefully change the strap if there is one that exists, but with the wrong type of strap :)

Thanks

edit:
mkii quad 10 is kinda along the right lines, although might be a bit big. Don't know. Also I can't find any shops stocking it
http://www.mkiiwatches.com/images/cg01/quad10_t48a_400.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom