What watch do you wear?

Soon to be:

0a811sv4.jpg

Colt I Quartz.. mmmm :)

anyone own, or know anything about, 'krug baumen' watches?

I don't own one but some info for you

These are among a group of watches ( along with Klaus Kobec, Valentini and others ) that are effectively sold using a scam, they print catalogies, adverts etc showing hugely inflated RRPs and then offer them at massive discounts so they appear to be a bargain

The reality is they are cheap watches being passed off as something they are not

I don't own one but some info for you

These are among a group of watches ( along with Klaus Kobec, Valentini and others ) that are effectively sold using a scam, they print catalogies, adverts etc showing hugely inflated RRPs and then offer them at massive discounts so they appear to be a bargain

The reality is they are cheap watches being passed off as somthing they are not
that's pretty much what i guessed, a friend of mine wears one of their watches with an rrp on their website (so say) of almost £900, but even amazon are selling them for <£100

this is what i dislike about 'luxury' items like watches, when they become more about bragging rights that what you like and what suits you

bugswatchwx0.jpg

The funny thing is.. I didn't find that off the internet. I actually own that watch.
(and its broked as you can see from the time). I do have another one...honestly.

those are gorgeous, tell me more.

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier I have unfortunately been in hospital for a few days.

The Archimede is a german watch with an well known automatic movement the Eta 2824-2, its not a small watch measuring 42mm case diameter but most people can wear it, on me it is a perfect size for an everyday watch. I love the looks, its based on a German WWII pilot design, the large crown is designed to be able to be wound whilst wearing gloves in a cockpit. For me the beauty is in the details, the date wheel with black background is very subtle and offset so as not to eat into a numeral, the lume is excellent and lasts all night and the moment is pretty bullet proof.

http://www.archimede-uhren.de/EN/Collection.htm

The Steinhart is bigger, a lot bigger, if you have little wrists then steer clear of this one its 47mm and that crown is huge. That said if you can pull it off its a lovely watch to wear, its a manual wind Unitas 6497 movement so you have to remember to wind it, when you do it has a lovely feel to it though :). It has a display back which I love and comes with a good quality strap in a nice box.

2080621968navbsilver18ebd6.jpg

Neither of these watches are expensive in watch terms but both are excellent time pieces and are permanent in my small collection, I would not hesitate to recommend either if them :)

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?id=67&artnr=13&Sel_ID=18&lang_nr=1

(Steinhart are sold under the name Debaufre in the States but are identical bar the name.)

MB

Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't want to start another new one :P.

I'm after a bit of advice (Again). I have an old omega that has been left to me by my Grandfather. It was given for his 21st birthday and as such it's solid gold and in very good condition. Is heading into Edinburgh to find someone to value this for me a good idea?

The only visible exterior markings are the Omega symbol and the word Omega underneath it (under the 12). It is a manual watch and has the second hand on a small clock face just above the 6. I love it personally and I use it as a dress watch for anything really fancy but I was wondering if its' likely to be worth anything as a collectors item?

Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't want to start another new one :P.

I'm after a bit of advice (Again). I have an old omega that has been left to me by my Grandfather. It was given for his 21st birthday and as such it's solid gold and in very good condition. Is heading into Edinburgh to find someone to value this for me a good idea?

The only visible exterior markings are the Omega symbol and the word Omega underneath it (under the 12). It is a manual watch and has the second hand on a small clock face just above the 6. I love it personally and I use it as a dress watch for anything really fancy but I was wondering if its' likely to be worth anything as a collectors item?

impossible to say wthout pics/info

most older Omegas that aren't gold tend to be worth £2-300 , of course this is very general and could be way out depending on model

I have lots of quartz watches with dead batteries, and I cba to fit new ones to them. I therefore came to the conclusion that I want an automatic for my next watch. I've been looking to spend a maximum of £150, hopefully less.

Having looked at watches from Vostok, Stuhrling and various others all over the place (mostly in the US), I've ordered one of these:

9094.jpg

There's an awful lot about these watches on the web, a lot of it positive. I know it looks a lot like a knock-off Rolex with a Seamasteresque bezel, but I quite like it. It was cheaper than any of the other watches I've looked at and I prefer the styling. The main thing is it isn't quartz. There is a more 'upmarket' version too, with a decent swiss movement as seen in some high end watches, albeit in a slightly lower level of fettle/decoration.

At least it doesn't say Rolex on the face.

/dons flameproof coat.

Back
Top Bottom