What watch do you wear?

Evening all. I'm looking for a watch very similar to this one (in design and price). The only issue I have with this one is that it's not glow in the dark/doesn't have a light, which is what I feel is missing with my current watch.

As I say, I don't want anything fancy, just cheap and decent looking.

Cheers :)

I've been meaning to post to this thread for a while, but haven't found time. This is the little beauty I wear everyday, its the nicest watch I own, although it does seem to lose time quite often - I don't know if anyone has any ideas how to stop that?

tU7bmRk.jpg g0KOOZ6.jpg

How old is it? Probably just needs regulating and a service.

My first real watch;

img3399l.jpg

img3409hx.jpg

img3406g.jpg

img3402pn.jpg

I've been meaning to post to this thread for a while, but haven't found time. This is the little beauty I wear everyday, its the nicest watch I own, although it does seem to lose time quite often - I don't know if anyone has any ideas how to stop that?

tU7bmRk.jpg g0KOOZ6.jpg

Looks like an Eta movement so any watchmaker would be able to work with it. Service it and it should be perfectly accurate again.

I'll just have the Orient/Tissot until I have enough loose cash for the watch I really want :)

An update on the Nato straps.

I have 3 as some will know, 2 cheap eBay ones that cost £6 each, one bond Oxford colour and one H4H colours and a Zulu.

The Zulu still looks and feels like new.
The H4H one has become softer and the hole where the buckle goes has sort of frayed outward a bit so over more time it will give way. The Oxford one has stayed nice and rigid but obviously not as good as the Zulu.

Zulu costs double the others but IMO is the best brand (that or Maratec) if you want a long lasting one and because Zulu ones are thicker than the others it suits the dive watch thickness.

Thanks,

It's 16mm thick and the case diameter is 41mm which is perfect for my wrists.. Tried on the 45mm planet Ocean and it was outrageous.

My only small gripe with this watch is the lume isn't that great so I can't see the time in the night very well. That seems to be an issue with all Carrera's though.

I'd go preowned for that. You could just about pick up a nice Tudor Oyster, maybe.

Depends on your style likes?

@mrk - it's annoying with straps, as I just spent over a ton on 3 straps, but they're really nice and look like they'll wear well. One I got from ebay for 10quid is horrible! Not even worth 10quid.

My new strap, first wear out. Does your belt match your strap today? ha

b98401ea86f711e2820422000a1f97b5_7.jpg

I am liking brown leather straps on those kind of watches, has that classic look to it, especially Kona's Seiko 5!

Matching though? Heh, Oxford stripes for me today :-P

rps20130307_080602_375.jpg

Could someone advise on the best way to sell a second hand watch? We're talking a diamond encrusted Omega here. It is from my Mother's estate, but it is not my Wife's taste, and I thought that rather it just gathering just, it would be better to sell and get her something she would wear on a daily basis.

Randomshenans - Like that stap a lot, really suits the watch!

watch forums like tz-uk but just like sales here you need to qualify to post. some reputable dealers around too, I would be inclined to ask in watch talk on tz

Cheers TheDean, I much prefer it on this. Looks like a nice subtle dress watch now and what a difference a strap can make. Might keep this one and pass on the Zenith Auto, also on it's new black strap.

IMG_4451_zps54633967.jpg

Oh, and I need to polish the crystal on the longines as well as it seems to show scratches in pics when the light hits it.

Back
Top Bottom