What watch do you wear?

Ha it sounds interesting... first time I've heard the phrase Native American meets Tudor! :P

Yea, as it was just the case, it's not like you butchered a living one, so I think you're forgiven. How come you chose the Tudor as the donor?

I've always liked them, I do want to get a complete one at some point too. Also if I can't get a Tudor movement I can use Eta one I already have and swap it out if I see one with the Tudor decoration.

It's a nice little thing, have just got back with it. Very small by today's standards.

I'm looking at the Seiko Monster (Black) or the 007 but I don't want something that will annoy me under my work shirt if it is too high (if you get me)

Anyone got one or the other, care to comment?

Thanks
I've had both, of the two I'd go with the 007/009 for comfort. Physically they're about the same size, though I did find the Monster crown guard/edge did catch occasionally.

OK after a fair amount of reading and looking in a local jewellers I have come up with the 2 below, I'm leaning towards the Orient at the moment, both around the £150 mark

se7ts9.jpg

Watch Information
Brand Orient
Model Number CEM75001B
Part number CEM75001B
Crystal MaterialMineral
Case Material Stainless Steel
Case Diameter 44 millimetres
Case Thickness 13 millimetres
Band Material Stainless Steel
Band Width 22 millimetres
Dial ColourBlack
Calendar Date, Day
Movement Japanese Automatic
Warranty type Seller

301hor8.jpg

Watch Information
Brand Seiko
Model Number KINETIC
Part number SKA371P1
Model year 2013
Item Shape Round
Crystal material Hardlex Glass
Display Type Analogue
ClaspPush Button Deployment Clasp
Case Material Steel
Case Diameter 47.00
Case Thickness 12.00
Band Material Steel Bracelet
Band Length Mens Standard
Band Width 20.00
Band colorSilver
Dial Colour Black Dial
Bezel Material Steel
Bezel function unidirectional
Calendar Date
Special features Date
Item weight 250 grams
Movement Kinetic
Water pressure resistance 20 bar
Water Resistant Depth 200 metres
Warranty type 2 Year Manufacturers Guarantee

Mainly due to the day showing and the mineral glass ......... Any thoughts?

Thanks

I've always liked them, I do want to get a complete one at some point too. Also if I can't get a Tudor movement I can use Eta one I already have and swap it out if I see one with the Tudor decoration.

It's a nice little thing, have just got back with it. Very small by today's standards.

That's my worry, that a 34mm will be dwarfed by anything else I have. Do you have a rough wrist shot of the size?
:p

OK after a fair amount of reading and looking in a local jewellers I have come up with the 2 below, I'm leaning towards the Orient at the moment, both around the £150 mark

se7ts9.jpg

301hor8.jpg

Mainly due to the day showing and the mineral glass ......... Any thoughts?

Thanks

Of those two I prefer the Seiko. From the photos I've seen I feel the standard mako is a much better looking watch than the XL. But that Seiko is a big lump hence its nickname bfk (big freaking kinetic).

Of those two I prefer the Seiko. From the photos I've seen I feel the standard mako is a much better looking watch than the XL. But that Seiko is a big lump hence its nickname bfk (big freaking kinetic).

Also thinking about it I get 2 years warranty with that watch, I tried it on in Ernest Jones yesterday and liked it, was £295 there though

Is there much difference between material mineral and hardlex glass?

I want the watch to be able to take a knock here and there and not scratch if I brush past something ...

Bit of a unknown perhaps?

Don't think there's a huge difference. Hardlex still scratches as I've seen Seiko 5s with many scratches while others without a single mark. Same with Mineral.

I'd prefer Sapphire either way for peace of mind :p

Is there much difference between material mineral and hardlex glass?

I want the watch to be able to take a knock here and there and not scratch if I brush past something ...

Bit of a unknown perhaps?

I've read before hardlex is just seikos name for mineral glass. My skx007's case is starting to get battered (a few gouges out of the bezel) but the crystal is still fine. As mrk said sapphire is preferable (you can still scratch it though) but seiko doesn't use it on their divers. They believe hardlex is better for diving due to a higher impact strengh than sapphire, at the cost of hardness.

It really depends on whether you want this watch as an everyday beater or something for the evening. It's a fairly popular model, I'd imagine someone sells sapphires for them should you want to change the crystal further down the line.

Back
Top Bottom