What watch do you wear?

How are you finding the accuracy mrk? I must admit I'm still temped to pick one up, but four watches in three months may get me into further trouble :(

Accuracy is fine, it's following the Tissot near enough to the second which is also following the radio controlled desk clock.

Orient's in house movement is very good :)
Edit* You also cannot hear the movement ticking away unless you put it right on your ear and in a silent room so for quietness fans it's good.

Rob @ monsterwatches.nl is a good source of hard to get bits, helped me source all kind of odd bits and bobs. He can also be reached as robbie409 at www.thewatchsite.com Coincidentally, he found me a titanium ratchet clasp from the Marinemaster 300m to fit on my Sumo. Excellent modification if you can find one.

clasph.jpg
If you don't mind me asking fornowagain, how mush did the clasp set you back? I've sent rob a couple of emails but had no reply. I also got a quote for £75 from a local jeweler supplied by seiko uk (about the same price seiya charges) I don't really want to pay that much if possible.

The thing about those ratchet clasps from what research I did when the discussion came up previously is that they all seem to be brushed matte in finish and my PRC200 bracelet is polished solid stainless with the clasp lightly brushed but still polished. This would look out of place sadly as I really wanted one of those clasps!

James M that Steinhart looks really nice, pics when it arrives please!

It would look excellent with a green Nato :o

Received this on Tuesday, ordered on Friday from Creation Watches. Had been looking for something with a white face but couldn't find anything in a divers' style that ticked all the boxes (now I'm looking at some dressy white-faced IWC pieces :rolleyes:). For £85 very happy so far especially with the lume. Will probably change the strap for brown leather at some stage. Perhaps it's just the honeymoon period but I'm currently favouring it over my Seamaster.

picture002ry.jpg

If you don't mind me asking fornowagain, how mush did the clasp set you back? I've sent rob a couple of emails but had no reply. I also got a quote for £75 from a local jeweler supplied by seiko uk (about the same price seiya charges) I don't really want to pay that much if possible.
From memory about £45 from one of the Seiko forums.

Cheers for the reply, thats about the price monsterwatches sells them for from what I've read. Shame I cant get a reply from him. I just cant justify £75 for just a clasp, if it included a bracelet I'd get from the jewelers. Methinks I'll keep looking.

You'll have more luck if you go through one of the forums he frequents.

robbie409

http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?action=profile;u=582

Btw wjean (the strap guy) had some $88 awhile back - [email protected]

Oh and [email protected] Seiko parts guru.

http://www.yobokies.com/

Last edited:
Cheers for the links, I'll send out a few more emails. Oh and you were right about the sumo, I've worn it pretty much everyday since I got it. My other watches Haven't had a look in.

that it looks like a rolex sub? are you blind good sir? have you ever seen a rolex sub?

Funny question, two belong to my parents. I wasn't at all relating that to my post, I was saying point proven how they look cheap rip offs. Seiko's in general look like cheap rip of of Subs. I'm a troll because i'm expressing my opinion :eek::eek:

Yes yes yes

Funny question, two belong to my parents. I wasn't at all relating that to my post, I was saying point proven how they look cheap rip offs. Seiko's in general look like cheap rip of of Subs. I'm a troll because i'm expressing my opinion :eek::eek:

Yes yes yes

you said seikos look like a cheap rip of rolex subs. :confused: i posted a pic of a seiko and you said i had proven your previous post correct. The previous post saying seikos are a rip of subs.

Soooooooooooo.....

and that watch is superior to a sub in every way my friend. :) except, of course, for diving :o

Back
Top Bottom