What watch do you wear?

Guys. Looking For a watch that will be a daily

Looking to pay a max £150

What ones do you recommend ?

I wear and shirt and tie to work, I'm liking divers type watch and would like it to have a date on it and be automatic.

Im thinkimg Seiko monster? Any others I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Personally I think the Monsters are a bit OTT for work - but that is just personal preference. As mrk says, for that kind of money Seikos are good (have a look at somewhere like Creation Watches to get a good price) or Orients (again Creation have a decent range). My daily at the moment is an Orient Ray in black. Whilst I've dispensed with a tie these days, I'm still in a chalk stripe with double cuffs and the Orient goes fine! For £150 you could get a nice Seiko 5 or an SKX007 - just have a think about what size of watch you can wear.

Guys. Looking For a watch that will be a daily

Looking to pay a max £150

What ones do you recommend ?

I wear and shirt and tie to work, I'm liking divers type watch and would like it to have a date on it and be automatic.

Im thinkimg Seiko monster? Any others I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Youd have a lot more choice if youre open to buying used.

^^^ That's a beauty.

Loving your watches Random, mostly ebay purchases and then you clean them up? I've dipped in and out of this thread, so sorry if you've already elaborated!

Pretty much. My Longines was new from the Mrs. Rest second hand. Actually, saying that, the Zeno's were new, but I bought 2 knackered ones from ebay for 150quid, took them to Zeno and they said I could have new ones at basically cost price. Which was nice.

Paid 1000CHF so, which was about 665quid at the time for the two, and the 8559 retails at about 1400EUR and the 8554 is about 750EUR, so I think that was a deal :P :D You have to love a deal. Christ, if someone told me I was getting a deal I'd just nod like a nodding dog.

My PRC200 has just been posted in the UK, to parents address, so no doubt I'll not see that for a couple of weeks yet. That was good value though really, like new in box and think I paid 100quid, or 120. Either way.

My paypal account gets bloody hammered!

Fellow watch wearers, I have a Tag which was bought by an ex for my 30th. I no longer want the watch and feel it is a bit wasted on me as I am not really into watches and am quite happy wearing fairly cheap ones that I can change around often.

It's an Aquaracer 300m, don't really know much else about it. It's in near perfect condition and not been worn much.

Whats the best way to go about selling one?

Gents,

I wonder if I could also request some knowledge. Today I have been given this watch. All I know is that it was a gift to my great grandfather some time in the 1950's. It's quite compact an is keeping time very nicely since winding it this morning.

Any information such as year or model would be gladly received :)

Vertex Allproof by bcjamesmini, on Flickr

Not much on the back, just a 6-digit number.

Vertex Allproof by bcjamesmini, on Flickr

-James

Guys, getting married next month and as a wedding gift my soon to be wife would like t buy me a watch as a wedding gift to wear on the day.

Even though I would love an Omega we only have around 10% of that to spend on a watch! It may be a bit of a wide budget but for £200 - £300 what watch would people recommend?

I always got for a metal strap, and is something I would usually go for, however I am open to leather strapped watch suggestions also.

Any help would be much appreciated.

To keep in with the thread, my current watch which I have had for about 7 years, not worn it for about 2 years due to the battery dying, I then stopped wearing it however as of today decided I wanted to start wearing a watch again!

Not quite sure on the style, I think until I have an Omega as an everyday I will keep wearing the Swatch, so the watch I would like would be for special occasions.

Be interested in seeing different options available.

Back
Top Bottom