What watch do you wear?

Hahaha

I've been notified of 2 parcels that are waiting for me at home, by said Mrs. She asked what they were, and to be honest I can't remember... One is the suspect Rolex that I actually told her about, and I can't remember for the life of me what the other is...

There is a Tudor ending in a couple of days. That'll stop me cutting her hair off in the night. Maybe.

Hi,

Looking to buy a new watch, will be used everyday (dress code: jeans and shirt usually) and for work meetings (dress code: suit).

Looking to spend around £500.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Looking to buy a new watch, will be used everyday (dress code: jeans and shirt usually) and for work meetings (dress code: suit).

Looking to spend around £500.

Any suggestions?
Just browse the thread and see what you like the look of and take it from there.

Questions like this are like asking us to spec you a new favourite colour.

54DF77DC-1845-42AD-A956-36A8FD6FDA50-983-0000010D91076132_zps499f453a.jpg

E8A172BA-73C2-46E7-90CF-4287F07EB4C0-983-0000010BF8C88A96_zps561e29d2.jpg

63D2F82B-5876-47FB-97AD-98425CC3BE80-983-0000010C75A9AC50_zpsdcf2e84c.jpg

So this showed up, not the expected. Wasn't expecting it at all, as I forget everything I buy it seems. The other package was a book! Annoying she still put me in the dog house!
I've booked the hospital bed for when the other 3 are due to arrive, then!

I like the 5, though, nice little watch! Great auto, those efficient japs!

This is my daily wear. Thought it was decent value for an Auto with a swiss movement (think its the ETA 2824-2) and I like how the hands/numbers appear dark or light depending on how the light catches them. Probably going to buy an Auto Chrono next.

imag0585p.jpg

imag0581v.jpg

imag0584z.jpg

imag0580u.jpg

Yeah it looks like it's been someone's daily beater in the bottom pic :p

Here it is on video

Still getting the Tony Parker PRC200 but if I miss out on it then I think this will be 2nd choice. Maybe the black one though as the strap is nicer I think.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new watch for my birthday gift probably, I know probably not to anyone elses' taste, but I really like: Watch
Unsure about quality though since it's £30 on ebay and I know what they're like for crappy watches which fall apart in a few months :o

I want something either "unique" looking like: This, Even this, without the ridiculous price tag, or similar to the first I linked, anyone got any recommendations? I think my taste will vary massively to others in the thread, but just looking around in general for something (Not too expensive).

I'm looking for a new watch for my birthday gift probably, I know probably not to anyone elses' taste, but I really like: Watch
Unsure about quality though since it's £30 on ebay and I know what they're like for crappy watches which fall apart in a few months :o

I want something either "unique" looking like: This, Even this, without the ridiculous price tag, or similar to the first I linked, anyone got any recommendations? I think my taste will vary massively to others in the thread, but just looking around in general for something (Not too expensive).

I like the look of the first one but the quality will be questionable. Then again, my choice of watch was ridiculed so maybe I'm blind or something.

I really wouldn't bother with that, it will not last very long! Design is personal so no comment.

Bear in mind that you can get the same watch on AliExpress direct from China for $29 (£19) including free shipping - which gives an indication of the quality. That said, last year I bought this watch for £2.50 for the sole purpose of accompanying a DoE expedition to Dartmoor thinking I would throw it away afterwards. It survived that. It also survived my son taking it on a similar thing to Dartmoor in March this year when the weather was atrocious - and it is still going strong. Admittedly, it took a month to arrive and the hand for one of the fake dials has fallen off but it keeps excellent time! So for a keepsake going cheap isn't great but you could still get a decent amount of use from it.

Oh my. Unique is definitely the word! What kind of budget are you thinking of?

I've found a new dude on instagram called thehairywrist and his collection is INSANE. So many nice watches, in the thousands. http://instagram.com/thehairywrist Mmmmmmm!

Wow. Quite a collection. Reminds me of my brother who seems to have a new watch every time I see him. 2 weeks ago it was a new Rolex Explorer II (I think), in March it was some ridiculously sized IWC thing, at Christmas a different IWC and so on. Let's just say his disposal income is a little different to mine... I'm out to dinner with him tonight so I wonder what he'll have on!

It's a bit of a beast though at 49mm :eek:

42mm according to the Tissot site. Sorely tempted although what I actually want is one of these

prs516autochrono.png

I just can't justify the £900+ price tag. The quartz chrono is more sensibly priced but the layout of the subdials just doesn't do it for me!

Back
Top Bottom