What watch do you wear?

Haha Daniel, I know what you mean. I'd love an IWC Portuguese or Big Pilot, the trouble is there are some stunning watches out there!

I've never really had a connection with most the JLC stuff, same with the Tags, just can't fall in love with them.

To be honest Im pretty much the same with JLC, but the master chrono is stunning and is in the same style as an El Primero / Longines Column Wheel Chrono. That said I would love to own a master tourbillon 2.

I also have a hankering for an IWC Portuguese but IMO they are so over priced now I doubt I will bother.

Haha Daniel, I know what you mean. I'd love an IWC Portuguese or Big Pilot, the trouble is there are some stunning watches out there!

And Bear, I'm jealous of your 320! I've never really had a connection with most the JLC stuff, same with the Tags, just can't fall in love with them.

As someone who owns a JLC (and recently bought another for my dad) and also owns a Tag, I am amazed to see the 2 in the same sentence!

It's reversible though. Don't see why you can't mod a rolex like any other watch.

Although I understand what you're saying from a purist point of view!

because a 1958 rolex isnt a modern seiko divers.

obviously anyone can do what they want with their own watch..i just think its sad to see something that has aged so well be replaced by something modern, clean and clinical.

Maybe I just need one of each to sway me! :P

that should work:p

they are just totally opposite ends of the spectrum

I can't help but agree that it would be a shame to put a new dial in that watch (which is why my current franken monstrosity project waited for an empty vintage case to come available)

Cant stand big bangs...way too busy..

and i try to stay as far away from watch sites of any kind as possible of late. far too tempting :o

Is that not just the patina rather than an actual combo? replacing the dial would be sacrilege.

yep

It's reversible though. Don't see why you can't mod a rolex like any other watch.

Although I understand what you're saying from a purist point of view!

the purist point of view is the only one here, modding a 58 rolex is nonsense, it just becomes a frankenwatch, worth pennies :D

only a purist would purchase this watch, due to repairs and changes (winder being one), the money to mod this and price to by would not be worth it, you wont buy it

because a 1958 rolex isnt a modern seiko divers.

obviously anyone can do what they want with their own watch..i just think its sad to see something that has aged so well be replaced by something modern, clean and clinical.

boom, couldn't agree more

Is it wrong that I'm loving this?

Lpxkgbf.jpg

Seastar 1000 Automatic
- 2824-2 movement
- 42mm / 96g
- 300m with auto helium valve
- Superluminova

Again, looks different & unique to other dive watches.

Back
Top Bottom