What watch do you wear?

:D

I have received a kit to make this:

serpwithring1.jpg

I like the look of the first one but the quality will be questionable. Then again, my choice of watch was ridiculed so maybe I'm blind or something.

I really wouldn't bother with that, it will not last very long! Design is personal so no comment.

What's your budget?

Bear in mind that you can get the same watch on AliExpress direct from China for $29 (£19) including free shipping - which gives an indication of the quality. That said, last year I bought this watch for £2.50 for the sole purpose of accompanying a DoE expedition to Dartmoor thinking I would throw it away afterwards. It survived that. It also survived my son taking it on a similar thing to Dartmoor in March this year when the weather was atrocious - and it is still going strong. Admittedly, it took a month to arrive and the hand for one of the fake dials has fallen off but it keeps excellent time! So for a keepsake going cheap isn't great but you could still get a decent amount of use from it.

Oh my. Unique is definitely the word! What kind of budget are you thinking of?

Thanks all, I knew from first glance it'd be questionable quality, especially for £20-30. Want something that will last for sure. I'd say budget of a few hundred, don't want to go much higher than that really. I get lost on what to go for, brands etc to look at.

My main watch atm is a skeleton watch which is basically: This in silver, again probably not to everyones taste. I like things that look a bit different.
So I'm either going to take a punt with a more standard looking watch (Maybe open heart?) or something different looking, but no idea where to start.

Edit:
I don't really like pure gold watches, or square/rectangular. Gold is okay if there's a little of it, however not too much, mainly silver or black. Strap not bothered, I have a metal strap on my current watch, so will probably try a leather strap this time.

Hope that narrows it down a tiny bit.

Last edited:
HOW MUCH MONIES YOU HAS?!

Normally a skeleton will set you back more than a standard watch, from a decent enough manufacturer, so price will be your biggest set back or limitation. I take it from looking at a 30quid watch, the budget isn't massive.

Side note, I was just seeing what Zeno Skeletons they had, and I found a nice square one I like...

http://www.zeno-watch.ch/en/collection/offround/square/8099-h1.html

actually, the tonneau here is a beauty...
http://www.zeno-watch.ch/en/collection/offround/tonneau/8081GMT-h1.html

*emails to find price*

I really like the look of these two:
Omega PO and Omega PO Orange.

I think the first one is more suited for smart occasions as opposed to the second one? (i.e. wearing on a suit). Will be wearing it on everyday basis and also for work meetings.

The only thing that's putting me off is the price... bit out of my range atm... don't know if I should be blowing £3k on a watch!

I really like the look of these two:
Omega PO and Omega PO Orange.

I think the first one is more suited for smart occasions as opposed to the second one? (i.e. wearing on a suit). Will be wearing it on everyday basis and also for work meetings.

The only thing that's putting me off is the price... bit out of my range atm... don't know if I should be blowing £3k on a watch!

Both great watches. Get the first one if you are worried about the colour. You only Iive once so treat yourself.

HOW MUCH MONIES YOU HAS?!

Normally a skeleton will set you back more than a standard watch, from a decent enough manufacturer, so price will be your biggest set back or limitation. I take it from looking at a 30quid watch, the budget isn't massive.

Side note, I was just seeing what Zeno Skeletons they had, and I found a nice square one I like...

http://www.zeno-watch.ch/en/collection/offround/square/8099-h1.html

actually, the tonneau here is a beauty...
http://www.zeno-watch.ch/en/collection/offround/tonneau/8081GMT-h1.html

*emails to find price*

Couple of hundred budget I said :P

Sorry, skim reading for numbers :P

Couple of hundred... hmmm tight for any open heart really. You considered something second hand? Even then, I think you might struggle for a good quality number.

Check out some of the Zeno's. I tend to get a decent price on them (they're next to me here too) with 7% VAT here and all. Could always see what some of their prices come in at? Still think it might push the couple up a little...

Back
Top Bottom