What watch do you wear?

A Timex Expedition bought for me as a Christmas present in 2008. After 4 and a half years it's still going strong. Was in Argos the other day and this watch is still available for £40.00. Apparently my partner paid a similar price in 2008, too.

It's nothing flash I know, but I like it. I've only changed the strap since I've had it, and that was about a year or so ago. I love the cream coloured face.

Would probably like a new watch this year, really fancy something like a G-Shock but don't think that it would suit my small wrists!

8747234034_7743b5afca_z.jpg

Last edited:
That's the kind of Timex I had a decade ago! It didn't have a bezel though and was one of the first "indiglo" things to come out. Was a similar price too.

I'm going to order the Longines Hydroconquest 39mm Automatic shortly. It will more than likely be my only watch and if that's the case then the Tissot PRC 200 with leather strap + bracelet + box/papers will go on sale.

I wanted one nice proper watch by the end of all this, I think that will do me for quite some time.

Last edited:
This arrived from the Philippines today. It's in fair condition apart from the dial and hands looking a bit worn - not a problem bearing in mind the point of this purchase is to have a go at taking it apart and replacing those bits. There might be a bit of damage on the bezel but it is starting to come off. The strap is horrid to look at but surprisingly comfortable. It will be interesting to see whether it really is a Seiko when I open the thing up. Slightly worrying is that it kept stopping although I hope that is simply due to it needing to be worn for a period to wind it up.

img3985j.jpg

Also got one of these on the way from Singapore. Been searching for a white faced diver for ages and finally plumped for this at a scarily sensible price. It was either that or a Helson Shark Diver for $599 - and sense (*ahem* wife fear) won through in the end.

seikosnzf11k1.jpg

The only thing I want now is a chronograph along the lines of a Seiko SNA225P1 or SSC017P1.

Also got one of these on the way from Singapore. Been searching for a white faced diver for ages and finally plumped for this at a scarily sensible price. It was either that or a Helson Shark Diver for $599 - and sense (*ahem* wife fear) won through in the end.

seikosnzf11k1.jpg

The only thing I want now is a chronograph along the lines of a Seiko SNA225P1 or SSC017P1.

I like that white faced one! How much?

you would take a Tag Monaco over an Omega PO ? :eek:

I just can't get on with the style of the PO (and similar Seikos), they are nice and the PO is indeed superior but I much prefer unconventional designs. One of the reasons I liked the PRC 200 so much, black face and yellow chrono hands in a unique case design!

Edit*
Thank you for shopping at The Watch Source. Your order has been successfully submitted. A member of the sales team will contact you by phone or email to confirm your order.
:eek:

Last edited:
I like that white faced one! How much?

Edit*

:eek:

posted before It had seen it had all been explained (I can see edited posts ;) ) totally understand re style as it is personal preference but it's a case of the Tag not being remotely close to being worth what they charge

Whoops for some reason the response to your post got omitted when I added the edit + quote but have edited it back somewhat :)

Never even knew about that site, would have used them alongside creationwatches some months ago otherwise! I've ordered this.

Great choice. Longines make some cracking watches. That small red detail really makes it!

I had thought that chronograph.com was dodgy but mr lee is recommended on watchuseek. He seems to stock a good selection of older models. No one else has that white faced diver for instance.

Great choice. Longines make some cracking watches. That small red detail really makes it!

I had thought that chronograph.com was dodgy but mr lee is recommended on watchuseek. He seems to stock a good selection of older models. No one else has that white faced diver for instance.

The only negative I've read (did lots and lots of reading before ordering!) about the hydro is that the links on the bracelet are quite large (around 15mm) while the fine tune holes on the clasp are quite close together so for some people size adjustment won't be perfect. I'm hoping I don't fall into that group!

Lug to lug it appears to be the same size as my PRC 200 at around 48mm high but the hydro is a bit thinner in depth so should wear a bit more snug. I am looking forward to it, especially the sunburst/colour changing effect on the blue face in different lighting!

As for that site, I'll know where to look when buying presents for people in the future at least so thanks!

The only 'new' Monaco that I would consider buying is the 24:

http://www.thewatchgallery.co.uk/sh...uer-monaco-24-chronograph-cal5110-fc6265.html

I like the looks - the transparency of the case is nice, it really did feel like a quality item when I tried it on. And most important it has a Zenith El Primero movement.

Not sure I like it 'enough' at £9750 though....

Christ at that price but that is one fine looking watch and agreed on the see through case, really does finish it off. the blue Steve McQueen model I tried on in Duty Free looked and felt 4 figures but that one must feel even nicer in the flesh.

Back
Top Bottom