What watch do you wear?

19k!!! Much rather spend a bit more and get the Cosmograph!

syke, the Tissot is no longer mine, it sold! Just waiting payment clearance from the buyer. The Longines will be my only watch for some time now. This was the road I wanted to go all along with one nice watch while I start putting cash aside for whatever replaces it :)

It suited the Orient though but then it all depends on the colour and type you use :p

Dont get me wrong they can compliment a watch nicely but i look at it as this, when you start moving towards 4 figures and on you start paying for quality craftsmanship and a nato just doesn't seem to represent what a luxury crafted timepiece is all about.

It is all personal opinion of course and what ever feels comfortable to the user but i don't think i could even spend £400 on a watch that comes with a nato or a rubber strap, a good quality leather on the other hand is a different story but in my opinion a well made quality stainless bracelet has more detail, Character and design so has everything you want in a timepiece continued in to the bracelet.

A friend of mine Owns a quartz TAG that i tried on the other day, what a horrendous watch, no weight in the construction, Hollow folded links on the bracelet and a hideous feel to the rotating bezel. £1450 from a reputable jewelers so it isn't fake either :eek:, maybe im spoiled by my tissot and it is a bargain for its quality, probably not but i wouldn't swap for the world. Now that i would put a nato on :D

Dont get me wrong they can compliment a watch nicely but i look at it as this, when you start moving towards 4 figures and on you start paying for quality craftsmanship and a nato just doesn't seem to represent what a luxury crafted timepiece is all about.

It is all personal opinion of course and what ever feels comfortable to the user but i don't think i could even spend £400 on a watch that comes with a nato or a rubber strap, a good quality leather on the other hand is a different story but in my opinion a well made quality stainless bracelet has more detail, Character and design so has everything you want in a timepiece continued in to the bracelet.

A friend of mine Owns a quartz TAG that i tried on the other day, what a horrendous watch, no weight in the construction, Hollow folded links on the bracelet and a hideous feel to the rotating bezel. £1450 from a reputable jewelers so it isn't fake either :eek:, maybe im spoiled by my tissot and it is a bargain for its quality, probably not but i wouldn't swap for the world. Now that i would put a nato on :D

Oh I know what you mean indeed and that's why my Tissot never saw a 3rd party strap :) I didn't like the leather it came with so paid the retail price for the genuine bracelet which transformed it. Now I put on this Longines and can see where the extra cost has been invested, as you say, the craftsmanship in all the components (outside of the ETA movement).

Oh I know what you mean indeed and that's why my Tissot never saw a 3rd party strap :) I didn't like the leather it came with so paid the retail price for the genuine bracelet which transformed it. Now I put on this Longines and can see where the extra cost has been invested, as you say, the craftsmanship in all the components outside of the ETA movement.

The movements are great too, i did a bit of research before i purchased mine and was surprised by the number of watches that used it and how much there costs varied. It was quite staggering to see what different companies added to the movements to personalize them and give them that extra touch of quality to match the brand.

syke, the Tissot is no longer mine, it sold! Just waiting payment clearance from the buyer. The Longines will be my only watch for some time now. This was the road I wanted to go all along with one nice watch while I start putting cash aside for whatever replaces it :)

Just 1 watch now and only the bracket now? Whatever happened to...

This is getting worn daily in conditions a bracelet strap wear fast and is bound to get snagged and put under pressure. The Nato strap has purpose! If a bar breaks then the watch won't leave the strap due to the design. It is also tougher than a bracelet strap.

you've never ducked and dived into caves and tunnels like we do, places where stuff gets snagged and you need to crawl on your belly and get a bit mucky :cool:

Just curious that's all, he changes his mind so fast it is hard to keep track (almost) lol

p.s. blame the day job, whenever people changes their words or what they said, bells starts to ring in my head...as soon as he said "only watch", the cave thing popped into my head from months ago. It was why he bought the Seiko as a daily to keep the Tissot pristine, it was why he likes Nato straps.

Last edited:
To be fair i highly doubt he will be wearing a longines to go pot holing or whatever he does in the dirt on his belly with other people:eek::D.

saying the above he kept them quite pristine for someone who did purpose match his strap for such a perilous activity. My watch is now a daily wearer and i do quite an active job from which i have suffered no snagging or close calls to the structural soundness of it.

Just 1 watch now and only the bracket now? Whatever happened to...

Times change (heh heh...). Before it was worrying of the risk just being there, what if i snagged it on something, what if my hand slapped a rock or I took a fall?

Several months on and none of that had happened to any of them.

I don't worry about it any more because that worry isn't there due to having more experience in what we do, climbing/crawling etc.

I now think of it like getting used to something new before jumping in full force. Was a newbie to it all before, now it's just another day.

Back
Top Bottom