What watch do you wear?

I think it was the way I took the pic that makes it look the dial is huge compared to the bracelet I'll get a better pic up tonight

So.... pic? :p

waiting certainly is the killer!

Almost turned worse! Got a message from watchsource this morning that the waiting time for stock is at least 6-8 weeks due to how difficult this model is to get in.

Hunted the web and found it on a jeweller's site in stock ready to ship today so I went for it. Bit more money but damned if I am waiting God knows how long. The stock level on their site immediately changed to 1-2 weeks so I managed to get the last one.

Seems to be a very difficult watch to find in stock within the UK and the various sizes/movement combinations don't help getting the right one either.

Last edited:
This arrived today from Singapore. Not as quick as Creation Watches but still only took 7 days.

img40161.jpg

I have never really worn a watch but the sea masters look amazing. Do they hold their value?

I like the look of this one a lot -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sea...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3a814e37a0

Looks very well made without being too OTT.
Would you recommend buying second hand or brand new from the high street?

That one above comes with a 3 year warranty. I would have thought a watch costing £2500+ comes with a life time warranty surely?

Last edited:
It's here :)

box1.jpg

boxed1.jpg

boxed2.jpg

sunburst.jpg

wrist2.jpg

Next to the PRC 200 which also uses a 19mm strap but 40mm and 12.5mm thick (this is 39 and 10.5)

vsprc200-1.jpg

vsprc200-2.jpg

vsprc200-3.jpg

Feels more solid than the Tissot, the end links are solid and the bracelet feels about the same but the watch weighs more on the wrist and flatter too. Wasn't sure about the clasp having no buttons to deploy but it's not too bad, has more adjustment than the Tissot and because of that has a nicer fit for my wrist as well which was something I was worried about having read about people finding the sizing awkward.

The face and bezel look black indoors but under any light source shimmers different shades of blue.

All of the watch looks a lot nicer in person than in the pictures. the machined engraving on the back is a sweet touch but I'd have liked a sapphire back to see the innards!

Can be manually wound, has hacking seconds and the seconds hand sweeps smoother than the Orient Mako did.

I prefer the strap style of the Longines to the Tissot, as with my Tissot it has more of a heft and solid look to it but I feel the style is a little lacking and if honest I am a little surprised you went for this, I expected something a little more removed from your mako for your next watch.
It is without a doubt a lovely piece but for an auto, i as have you would have expected some display of the movement. What does she weigh in at?

A treat either way though :D Any idea on the movement?

Last edited:
Cheers :)

I prefer the strap style of the Longines to the Tissot, as with my Tissot it has more of a heft and solid look to it but I feel the style is a little lacking and if honest I am a little surprised you went for this, I expected something a little more removed from your mako for your next watch.
It is without a doubt a lovely piece but for an auto, i as have you would have expected some display of the movement. What does she weigh in at?

A treat either way though :D Any idea on the movement?

It is indeed a nice treat :)
The movement is Caliber: L633 (Base ETA 2824/2)

Weight is 165g (Tissot PRC200 is 142g, Orient Mako is about 165 as well)

I do swim so a dive watch was always going to happen, the issue I had with the Mako was I wasn't a fan of the 22mm bracelet size and it wore bigger than the 41/42mm case width suggests. It was quite a deep watch too. I guess I just wanted something a bit slimmer on the wrist. The PRC 200 was near enough perfect but that was more for smart wear.
This Hydroconquest covers everything and it looks smart and the way everything on the front glistens is pretty sweet. It wears smaller than the Tissot and the bracelet adjustment is excellent.

Another thing is I can hear the movement ticking away. I have very sensitive hearing though and could hear the Tissot as well but not the Orient. That is with my wrists on the desk typing away. Some people might not like that I guess but I like the sound of a mechanical heart beating away down there :cool:

Tempted to do some looking about exhibition backs for this, if I could get a back from another Longines that was rated to 300m as well which has a glass back that could do the trick but at the same time I do love the engraving on this. It would probably cost much more than it's worth for the hassle and sake of seeing an unsigned winder anyway :p

Edit*
Seems it is signed:

Last edited:
Well its a lovely watch mate, the movement which is the same as in mine minus the day function is very smooth and you are right has a beautiful sound to it that is quite hypnotic when i am laying watching a movie with my arm under my head.

Will be a shame to see the Tissot go, do you plan on this being your one and only watch for sometime? i can see you picking up something a bit more dressy in the not so near future just because you 'need to cover all basis' :D

Well its a lovely watch mate, the movement which is the same as in mine minus the day function is very smooth and you are right has a beautiful sound to it that is quite hypnotic when i am laying watching a movie with my arm under my head.

Will be a shame to see the Tissot go, do you plan on this being your one and only watch for sometime? i can see you picking up something a bit more dressy in the not so near future just because you 'need to cover all basis' :D

I still think the PRC200 with black face and yellow needles is one of the nicer looking smart chronos out there and stands out among most others in the same or even double the price. The older version has nicer chrono dials layout and hands than the updated one as well and they chopped off the points on the hour/minute hands on the updated model, wtf is that about?! - IMO of course.
If it doesn't sell then I'll just keep it and wear it every now and then. It's Quartz so can sit on the shelf in the box for any amount of time :p

If I do add something else (not for a while :p) I'd probably like something like this: http://www.longines.com/watches/heritage-collection/L4.754.4.72.4

Quite fond of the brand now and the heritage line do have some nice pieces :) (Unless a Monaco comes out around the same price.. :eek:)

Thing about this hydro is it's small in size but looks and feels weighty, solid. The liugs are chunky and the solid end links are the same, a lot of watch for the money.

Nice, I like it. I do like a nice Longines watch. I love my Masters.

My mate is possibly after a PRC200, since I told him about mine :P

Hook me up? :D

Last edited:
Pic of the whole thing with nato on? Looks like your watch is gold too?

Thanks for the comment though, apologies! Here's one from my phone instead

zW1HDbx.jpg.png

That pic probably gives a better idea of what I meant by a lot of watch for its size over the other pics I posted earlier. Just looks like a solid piece of metal with a bezel on top!

Back
Top Bottom