What watch do you wear?

Hmm, went watch shopping last friday and found a local dealer about to stock Bremont. Loving the heritage behind this relatively new company so now decided to wait till i can check out their collection in a couple of weeks.

Anyone have experience with Bremont? (MBII or Solo)

Had my MBII/GN for a few months now. The standard leather strap was too short for me so I wore it on the canvas strap (also comes standard with the watch) for a while then had a brown strap with green stitching made for it by Toshi. Watch is worn every day and is unmarked - Bremont's treatment to harden the steel seems to be working. Keeps good time - about +-2 to 3 seconds a day.

Bremont get quite a bit of stick as they are often thought to be overpriced given that they do not use in-house movements (MBII is an ETA movement). However, the movements are refined and modified to pass COSC certification and most are decorated (although MBII has no display back). I bought mine because it is worn as an every day watch and this watch is built like a tank. I also don't think the prices are too bad when compared to brands like IWC. It's good to have something different that you don't see every day and that isn't made by the million like Rolex. It's also nice to buy a British brand that isn't part of a huge luxury goods conglomerate like Swatch or LVMH and who are still small enough to relate to customers as individuals.

The only real issue is that 'non-watch' people won't have a clue what a Bremont is, which is either good or bad depending on your point of view. And of course watch snobs who look down their noses at anything without an in-house movement.

You're no bloody help!

You'll get me in *trouble

*more trouble

You should get a Longines diver, don't recall seeing one in your fair sized collection :D The bracelet is not light or tinny, it's actually more substantial feeling than an equivelant Rolex Sub (compared recently at a meet).

rrXpEeX.jpg

Just got the solid osyter fitted to my sub, im in love.

Few iphone photos!

[url]http://www.msphotography.net/IMG_3273.JPG[/url]

[img] [url]http://www.msphotography.net/IMG_3272.JPG[/url] [/QUOTE]

That looks very very nice, actually probably the first Seiko diver I've properly liked the look of :)

You should get a Longines diver, don't recall seeing one in your fair sized collection :D The bracelet is not light or tinny, it's actually more substantial feeling than an equivelant Rolex Sub (compared recently at a meet).

rrXpEeX.jpg

I'm not ignoring you... or the choice... if I saw one for decent cash, I'd pick one up. I love my Longines. It's always going to hold a special place, since the Mrs bought it for me (or I did, either way)

Following on from a post a couple of months back, we got married on 14th June and my Wife surprised me with this:

6AAE0C06-21E3-4556-BD6A-AFF939C23B73-601-0000002CDFFF9449_zpsacb94d78.jpg

F01B60DC-20C5-45A4-BA65-1C2987E38D60-601-0000002BB70B8E1D_zpsfda2babf.jpg

55BCDBC3-727A-4BF5-B386-7A3E9E5F4288-601-0000002BBFD05342_zps3cc0e598.jpg

Love it!!

So, tried both the SMPc 41mm and PO 42mm yesterday and though both awesome the PO won out for me. The bracelet on the SMP, whilst classic, is a bit femine looking to me and the whole watch is much more reflective and 'blingy'. Both amazing watches though. The PO also has a lot more presence and the size of the 42mm is perfect, fits under the double cuffs nicely :)

Managed 15% off at Beaverbrooks which I thought was good going.

Excuse the phone pics!

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom