What watch do you wear?

Orient arrived.

watch1.jpg

watch2.jpg
Nice choice, I think whatever watch I get next needs to have a white face.

Last edited:
Nice Randomshenans

On my SMP the clasp is getting scratched to bits (under part where my wrist is) I take it this is normal with daily wear? I am not going to take it off every second like when im at work, in the kitchen etc. on the other hand i dont want it it get mangled to bits.

I have even seen video of someone using a scouring pad to rub out the scratches!

Some fab watches in here. I have £90 goldsmiths vouchers, is it worth me spending it on a watch, or just getting a watch elsewhere and selling the vouchers?

If so do goldsmiths regularly swap there range? Not found any particularly exciting watches on there for a while!

Fossil have announced a limited edition dive watch, first Fossil that I think looks good (vintage dive style) as well. Has a Swiss movement and sapphire glass:

dzRpXlO.jpg

http://oceanictime.blogspot.tw/2013/07/fossil-breaker-diver.html

Looks like a (probably) much cheaper combination of the Seamaster and Submariner. Yes, ~£300. Its OK but I would never wear anything as personal as a watch that is a look-a-like of something of much better quality.

Personally I have a good watch for work and general wear and a cheapo Casio for nights out, festivals etc. I also have a nice dress watch (Raymond Weil) that was given as a 21st birthday present by my grandparents

Looks like a (probably) much cheaper combination of the Seamaster and Submariner. Yes, ~£300. Its OK but I would never wear anything as personal as a watch that is a look-a-like of something of much better quality.

Personally I have a good watch for work and general wear and a cheapo Casio for nights out, festivals etc. I also have a nice dress watch (Raymond Weil) that was given as a 21st birthday present by my grandparents

IMO if the build quality of that casing and strap is as good as the specs inside it then for that price I can't see how anything else in that class can beat it. Considering that it's very hard to make a dive watch that doesn't look like another brand in one way or another (a Seiko diver looks like a Sub (I don't rate Subs that highly anyway)/Seamaster, for example, doesn't mean nobody should buy a Seiko!).

I've looked at a lot of watches over the last 18 months and that Fossil is quite different to many today, it is vintage in style which a lot of people like, it's the combination of hands/colours and case really. I wouldn't buy one, I already have an expensive dive watch, but I can see why someone would given the spec, movement, affordable price and limited run.

Last edited:
I can see your point but I think of like being able to afford a Peugeot RCZ but not an Audi TT. It looks the same, but everyone knows it not. Yes, it will do its job fine, but there's always the feeling of 'if I had more money I would get a TT'

In this instance, some people would settle for the Peugeot and be happy with it for the price.

Maybe a bad comparison because I know nothing about cars, but you see my point

Back
Top Bottom