What watch do you wear?

IMO if the build quality of that casing and strap is as good as the specs inside it then for that price I can't see how anything else in that class can beat it. Considering that it's very hard to make a dive watch that doesn't look like another brand in one way or another (a Seiko diver looks like a Sub (I don't rate Subs that highly anyway)/Seamaster, for example, doesn't mean nobody should buy a Seiko!).

I've looked at a lot of watches over the last 18 months and that Fossil is quite different to many today, it is vintage in style which a lot of people like, it's the combination of hands/colours and case really. I wouldn't buy one, I already have an expensive dive watch, but I can see why someone would given the spec, movement, affordable price and limited run.

Brand.

Fossil is not and never will be considered a premium brand.

I mean if you only care about accuracy and depth then you don't need to spend hundreds and hundreds. Like you said, they all look the same pretty much so branding is a vital part of it.

In some respects you're both right, a Fossil wouldn't even cross the minds of watch enthusiasts. But snobbery shouldn't exist for a well made/featured timepiece.

There are always exceptions though. I think Fossil are testing the waters with this watch. Give it an exceptional movement, good specs and in a housing that appeals and see what people make of it as a limited edition.

I imagine they've got some things planned with this in mind for future watches and I can see why Oceanic Time blogged about it on their site (something they'd otherwise never do for a Fossil!).

Ew I would never buy a phone from that ghastly Apple brand... they make ipods and stuff I would much rather opt for a more recognisable phone maker like Nokia!

Limiting options due to brand can be a pretty dumb move. :)

They look like what some would call an eBay brand. Basically it's a watch that is cheap to manufacture, sports an amazing RRP to give the impression of quality, yet sells for relatively low prices. On the face (no pun intended) of it, they seem to be German but they are probably Chinese and manufactured from parts bins. They are probably fine but certainly not worth that price tag.

On the design, all I would say is that it will divide opinion!

They look like what some would call an eBay brand. Basically it's a watch that is cheap to manufacture, sports an amazing RRP to give the impression of quality, yet sells for relatively low prices. On the face (no pun intended) of it, they seem to be German but they are probably Chinese and manufactured from parts bins. They are probably fine but certainly not worth that price tag.

In before Skidder!

Ah I see - well it nearly fooled me. However I googled and got very suspicious when there were literally no other links aside from eBay and amazon.

It might not be subtle but aside from those weird diamond things, I didn't believe it was blingy :p

This is nice: http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/view-all-mens-watches/c3gwk-mk2.html

Do CW watches ever go on sale? I ideally don't want to spend too much more than 200.

I want a watch with some gold in it. It's something my 'collection' is lacking and with my dress sense [like wearing shirts / blazers] I think a gold one would look good with quite a few outfits.

20130710_203953_zpsd1fea1c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My two watches depending on what mood I'm in!

Last edited:
Hey guys, i'm planning to gift a watch for my girl friend on her birthday. Any suggestion which watch should i buy? Where can i find best ladies watch on direct bargains? I just need a designer watch with not so expensive price tag. My budget will be around $1000. Please guys tell me if any one has an idea about it and please post the watch image too.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom