What watch do you wear?

That's not really flying with me!

I also don't give it very long before the movement fails at that price and/or the casing fades/looks like poo from weathering since it's just basic polished steel. - Maybe even just a top coat polish since it says it's part alloy.

The window will also scratch easily since it's standard glass, not even mineral glass.

I'd buy one to open up and see how things tick but that's about it :p

If you can stretch to up to around £50 then a Seiko 5 makes perfect sense.

Otherwise
2013-07-30%2016.41.54.jpg

:D

After years of not having a watch, I've just ordered my third!

Currently have a Mondaine day/date and a Citizen World Chronograph, and just clicked buy for a C Ward C11 MSL Blank Manta!

19mm bracelet on that Sub no? It felt a bit thinner than my Hydro's bracelet when I tried one on last. It tapered down to a smaller width whereas this one remains the same from lug to clasp.

Not seen that Speedmaster before. How old?

its the Speedmaster MKII from 1968/9, and ran alongside the 'Moonwatch',

later there was the MKIV and MK4.5,

stunning watch in the flesh, and also my birthyear watch

19mm bracelet on that Sub no? It felt a bit thinner than my Hydro's bracelet when I tried one on last. It tapered down to a smaller width whereas this one remains the same from lug to clasp.

you know I don't know mrk, I need to measure, but it seems in proportion, and reminds me of earlier late 60', early 70's Rolex proportions

Last edited:

Sub c bracelet is 20mm at the lugs, it is also one of the most comfortable and adjustable bracelets that I have worn

That may be the case but the Sub I was checking out belonged to a member here and we both agreed it didn't feel as nice by comparison given the cost difference between the two.

No doubt someone will always disagree but that's the way it is.
Not that it matters now since I wear a leather strap on mine :p

Sub c bracelet is 20mm at the lugs, it is also one of the most comfortable and adjustable bracelets that I have worn

I totally agree with this, the glidelock system is fantastic, I adjust mine every time I put it on, as it is on full 'stretch' when I put it in the box/safe.

oddly it feels almost retro, I suppose taking its cues from earlier models

Back
Top Bottom