What watch do you wear?

Anyone got any experience with ferrari watches? I'm considering buying this one. But for the price I'd hope the quality would be pretty good and I'm not sure (though will try it on in Earnest Jones before purchase)..

I'd avoid. You're paying for the car maker brand on that as the movement is standard jap quartz as well as spec being a bit pants. Get a nice Seiko equivalent instead for similar money. That Ferrari also looks like a toy.

I'd avoid. You're paying for the car maker brand on that as the movement is standard jap quartz. Get a nice Seiko equivalent instead for similar money. That Ferrari also looks like a toy.

Yeah I was a bit concerned that it appeared to be a quartz movement just stuck in, and the rubber strap, but I do like the look of it (being a big racing fan lol). It's just the price. Although I also don't want to buy a cheaper 75 quid one for it to be worse quality than my work casio..

So, my Orient Deep has started to gain a few minutes after a week or so...

Had it since Feb, have emailed the site to see if what they can do.

Need a replacement! What do you chaps recommend? :)

So, my Orient Deep has started to gain a few minutes after a week or so...

Had it since Feb, have emailed the site to see if what they can do.

Need a replacement! What do you chaps recommend? :)

regulate it yourself, or take it into a local watch maker, he will sort it for a tenner, easiest and least hassle way of doing it.

if your serious, buy a machine for £120 that will do it for you, and save yourself a fortune in the long run

Just seen this, fantastic :). Is a 39mm still made in any form ? Any recommendations on where to buy one ?

The first one is the same as mine but mine is 39mm whereas that is 41. They did 2 sizes of that HydroConquest with the 39 being hardest to find in stock. Mine is an auto yeah, same movement L633 caliber which is the ETA 2824.2. I paid £790 for it. The quartz is a lot cheaper but nobody wants that :p

I don't like the updated model in the 2nd link, it's lost the simplicity and become too busy. Shame as the new version has the column when movement which appeals to some folk.

You could contact Jura Watches to see if they can source one :) Someone here bought the black version earlier on here but I can't remember if his is 41mm or 39!

That's genuine but it's not the automatic movement one hence why it's cheaper. It's good yeah but you want to be looking at an automatic version :)

Last edited:
That's a 21mm strap so will likely not fit without creasing the band at the ends and have quite a bit of friction at the ends. You want to opt for 20mm as the watch has 19mm distance lug to lug and a 20mm strap will fit perfectly.

I'll post a few pics when I'm back at my desk. My strap is the Hirsch Carbon.

Edit*
Here is the 20mm Hirsch strap, you can see it's a very snug fit, looks just right, a 19mm strap would fit naturally but there would be quite a bit of looseness to it. I have a Hirsch Osiris 19mm as well.

Gear.jpg

The other thing I prefer about the carbon vs other leather straps is that the back is black and not ream so doesn't mark or fade like lighter coloured ones do. It's waterproof as well.

Last edited:
Fantastic :) i have a small wrist so already asked for a 21mm sizing on the braclet, I will see how i get on with it before switching to the leather. Is the colour strap you have the nearest matching to the blue face ?

That's a 21mm strap so will likely not fit without creasing the band at the ends and have quite a bit of friction at the ends. You want to opt for 20mm as the watch has 19mm distance lug to lug and a 20mm strap will fit perfectly.

I'll post a few pics when I'm back at my desk. My strap is the Hirsch Carbon.

Edit*
Here is the 20mm Hirsch strap, you can see it's a very snug fit, looks just right, a 19mm strap would fit naturally but there would be quite a bit of looseness to it. I have a Hirsch Osiris 19mm as well.

Gear.jpg

The other thing I prefer about the carbon vs other leather straps is that the back is black and not ream so doesn't mark or fade like lighter coloured ones do. It's waterproof as well.

Back
Top Bottom