What watch do you wear?

Soldato
25 years? still shoddy IMHO,

and seriously, I totally respect another mans love of a brand of watch, it is such an individual thing,

but I swear I wouldn't pay £500 for a Grand Seiko, in fact I wouldn't pay £50 for this example, let alone the £3300 being asked for it
25-30 after the movement is discontinued, and they tend to be around awhile. It's a non issue and similar to a lot of top end brands. Rolex for instance make it difficult to service officially after 30 years. Omega say 20 years for parts, though I've read of occasions where they even made new parts for customers.

Like anything it's a matter of taste, the one you mention. Not my thing, comparable to the Aqua-Terra 8500 or a Datejust. But still quite nice and I admire the workmanship in the 9S65. Very accurate movements, they're known to be good for a couple of seconds a month. Btw, is can be bought for £2,238 in case you change your mind.

6fgm.jpg

7f2s.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded my daily to my Christopher Ward, seemed a shame to keep it in a box and not enjoy it:

Last edited:
Soldato
don't recognise it, would prob be part of a past master control range if legit. Looks a bit odd.

My thoughts and all. I do find 'em ;)

Well today I managed to be beaten on a PAM111, PAM176, PAM177, PAM0004B, and then I am kind of glad I got outbid on this:

Damn this thread... I really want one now, but the Panerai's were a lot, this was even more! I was proper bored and annoyed I missed the Zenith from last night.

Productive? No. I saved money though :'(

Soldato
My thoughts and all. I do find 'em ;)

Well today I managed to be beaten on a PAM111, PAM176, PAM177, PAM0004B, and then I am kind of glad I got outbid on this:

Buying Pams on eBay is bit risky isn't it? Seeing there's so many fakes. In fact I wouldn't buy any high end watch from eBay. Super replicas are just like the original and hard to spot.

Soldato
Totally. No sane person would do it :p

I have a watch man in Basel that I'd take it to. He'd spot anything. Then worst case I'd just file a claim and get it back. If Paypal didn't, my cc company would. I checked.

I'd buy them straight from Basel, if the prices weren't retardedly expensive. I bought my Longines in the UK as it was cheaper than here ha

Soldato
This turned up today, not going to bother taking out a few links since the strap is on its way.

Nice but dont think id buy another Seiko automatic. Ive had this one a few months. Its the second one as the first stopped working after a it fell off a 1 metre table onto the floor. This replacement seems to gain 5 mins every 3-4 days so needs regular adjustment. Very annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom