What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Ha, guess what watch came into my shop today? :D

Thought i would grab some side by side photos as i would assume theres very few on the net. As you can see the SKA371 is noticeable larger. Sorry about the horrendous photos, had to remove some branding from the photos and they were rather quick! Might be a biased opinion but i prefer the SMY, its a much more classy style imo!

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

Soldato
Am I mental thinking this is cool in a retro geek way?

!BfWpIR!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-CQErhemV3wWBL!7ySquOQ~~_3.JPG

New old stock from the 70s for about £89

I got one of these in a draw - can't seem to find right battery - I think it's something like 3.2v and can only get 3v - battery run's down quite quick.

Had it from new in 70's or there about.

Will stick to my Seiko 5's and Kinetic's

dave

Soldato
Ha, guess what watch came into my shop today? :D

Thought i would grab some side by side photos as i would assume theres very few on the net. As you can see the SKA371 is noticeable larger. Sorry about the horrendous photos, had to remove some branding from the photos and they were rather quick! Might be a biased opinion but i prefer the SMY, its a much more classy style imo!
Hadn't realised the SKA was that much bigger! I remember it being a lump, but those pics make it clear. I agree the SMY is a nicer watch.

nam

nam

Soldato
You can do it yourself with a careful hand and a paperclip sized instrument (one with a handle!). The pins push out only one way, make note of the arrows on the underside of each link.

Or you can pay a jeweller to do it for you, should cost a few £ or free from a local place who is feeling nice.

Got it done at EJ, unfortunately due to my small wrist they took out 6 links and it is now very tight against my wrist and does not slip down but slightly pinches my skin, with 5 links removed it was falling down my wrist if i move my arm up. Why don't they do half size links ?:(

20130912_221333-1.jpg

nam

nam

Soldato
Thank you. It is currently on the same setting as the pic. I will go back to them today.. I may just order that strap and clasp..

Have you fine tuned the hole adjuster on the clasp itself?

img1923mr4.jpg

Edit*

Swatch have a new Irony range of watches out, these are stainless steel and come in various styles. The "Blackie" is a bit of a lol name though. I wonder how that passed the board haha.

http://shop.swatch.com/GB/EN/Watches/Irony/Chrono/BLACKIE-YVS401G.aspx

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sounds like you could have a link put back on then and fine tune the clasp to the left sde hole, which will give you a few more mm of movement space on the wrist :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom