What watch do you wear?

Soldato
What do people think of either of these:

http://www.lum-tec.com/collection/current-models/300m/300m-4-40mm.html
And
http://www.lum-tec.com/collection/current-models/300m/300m-3-pre-order.html

I'm really liking the PVD and the clasp looks good too with the glide-lock style button activated extension/adjustment.

The movement is quite new (2009) and seems to have very positive reviews.

Price does seem a little high (although for the specs it's £570~ so maybe not too pricey either way) but limited to 150 pieces...

I like it but the PVD coating would make it a no go for me, no matter how hard you try to avoid it you will always end up banging/catching your watch causing a small scratch, not so bad on a steel bracelet but really shows up on PVD.

Transmission breaker
Don
galaxygearsmall.jpg

Borrowed this from my German colleague earlier :p

Warning! Full size image:

galaxygear.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Outside of sporting uses (bikers/athletes keeping real time track of their stats etc) I don't see smart watches being a part of daily life in the same way a smartphone is. Too small a screen to do anything but specific tasks and battery life are the biggest downfalls.

^^ Also I see what is meant by the PVD and looking dated issues. Google Images showed the flaws of PVD after a quick search!

Transmission breaker
Don
It was actually really responsive and very light. If I did not already like wearing my normal watches, I might consider getting one. I am even considering getting on for my right wrist :p

Taking pictures/checking notifications and dialing numbers was really simple and easy to do!

Soldato
PVD is good until you knock it on something. After a few months the edges get worn down and it has a used look, which is fine if thats what you want, but I'm not a fan. I have a Bell & Ross that's PVD coated and I really don't like it.
DLC coating is what you want for a durable long lasting finish.

Scratches or chipping maybe but you shouldn't see too much wear marks with PVD, not through normal use anyway. If you've got a genuine B&R and you're not happy with the durability of the PVD then I'd suggst you have a word with B&R as I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback.

Edit: Also, wabi is often a desirable quality in a wristwatch. Box fresh is for your trainers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Scratches or chipping maybe but you shouldn't see too much wear marks with PVD, not through normal use anyway. If you've got a genuine B&R and you're not happy with the durability of the PVD then I'd suggst you have a word with B&R as I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback.

Edit: Also, wabi is often a desirable quality in a wristwatch. Box fresh is for your trainers.

PVD coating varies between different manufacturers, and B&R are known to have a weaker coating than others, and wear through the coating from everyday use, on the edges mainly is very common.

I'm also pretty sure having a word with B&R won't make any difference!

Soldato
Got my first 'proper' (mechanical) watch. It's keeping perfect time despite reviews saying it loses quite a bit. Love it! :D

1380105796_img_0959.jpg

1380105804_img_0961.jpg

Seiko 5 SNK809K2 for £51. Was going to go for the khaki/green one but thought the black faced one would go better with any other colour strap if/when I decide to change it.

Back
Top Bottom