What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
It sweeps smoother than the Seiko - ETA movement.
It is heavier than the Seiko (but the Seiko has a leather strap).
The anti-reflection coating works.
The strap, sorry, bracelet, is nicer on the Steinhart than the stock one from the Seiko.
The screw pins in the bracelet is easier than pins.
The bezel clicks accurately, no play, there is a little play in the Seiko.

It is worth £300.

Tomorrow I will put it side by side to a Omega and see the difference !

fncKKz4.jpg

VimbhQ0.jpg

kos4vk1.jpg

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Longines stopped again yesterday night after 8 hours use during the day. Maybe i don't understand the automatic's. I maybe not winding it up correctly. Any ideas ?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Which way are you turning the crown to hand wind it? Should be clockwise and you'll feel some resistance, it will also make a kind of spring whoosh noise during.

Unless there's a fault it sounds like its simply not been fully wound as of yet!

nam

nam

Soldato
thanks, i have pulled the crown out one notch and wound it up around 20 times clockwise, don't feel it getting tighter..

Which way are you turning the crown to hand wind it? Should be clockwise and you'll feel some resistance, it will also make a kind of spring whoosh noise during.

Unless there's a fault it sounds like its simply not been fully wound as of yet!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I worn my new Steinhart last night for perhaps 2 hours, went to sleep at 11:30 and 7 hours later it's still have enough charge.

Power reserve of what 42 hours~? After 7 hours, with power in reserve it should have plenty of power in the spring left. Nam's sounds like it's just not been wound up fully yet and lack of movement over a day's wear isn't enough to wind it. May need many more turns. I've seen people report 60 turns for theirs. Depends how low it is I guess.

Back
Top Bottom