What watch do you wear?

Associate
that's a valjoux 7751 in there, I really want to get hold of one and a case/dial combo I have see

No its not:

Movement and Functions
Caliber: L678, Self winding mechanical chronograph moon phase movement beating at 28'800 vibrations per hours and providing 48 hours of power reserve
Function: Hours, minutes, small second with 24 hours indicator at 9 o'clock. Date indicated by the half moon central hand. Chronograph mechanism : central 60 seconds hand, moon phase display with 12 hours counter at 6 o'clock, 30 minutes counter with day and month display at 12 o'clock.

http://www.longines.com/watches/the-longines-master-collection/L2.673.4.78.3

Man of Honour
No its not:

Movement and Functions
Caliber: L678, Self winding mechanical chronograph moon phase movement beating at 28'800 vibrations per hours and providing 48 hours of power reserve
Function: Hours, minutes, small second with 24 hours indicator at 9 o'clock. Date indicated by the half moon central hand. Chronograph mechanism : central 60 seconds hand, moon phase display with 12 hours counter at 6 o'clock, 30 minutes counter with day and month display at 12 o'clock.

http://www.longines.com/watches/the-longines-master-collection/L2.673.4.78.3

Are you sure about that? I knew it was just from the dial layout.

"The functioning of the complex watch is enabled with the inclusion of a mechanical self-winding caliber L678 (base movement Valjoux 7751) with 25 integrated jewels and the frequency of 4 Hz. The automatic caliber is 13 ¼ lignes wide and 7.9 mm thick, and includes a power storage that lasts for about two days."

(You do know just how many watches use Eta and Valjoux movements right? and Longines is owned by Swatch who own ETA)

http://www.watchalyzer.com/longines...s-moon-phase-full-calendar-chronograph-watch/

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?45279-Longines-L678-Movement

Associate
Man of Honour
Yes I was aware of that and stand corrected. Thanks.

So its based on the Valjoux movement but upgraded to show the moon dial and additional Chrono?

nope it is a valjoux 7751, those are the functions of a 7751, which is based on a 7550 with more complications. They may do some decoration or something like that.

Associate
nope it is a valjoux 7751, those are the functions of a 7751, which is based on a 7550 with more complications. They may do some decoration or something like that.

Oh bugger, here I was thinking it would be worth the extra Dough because it was a more advanced movement but in affect its exactly the same movement that is in my Hamilton. SAD :(

Man of Honour
Oh bugger, here I was thinking it would be worth the extra Dough because it was a more advanced movement but in affect its exactly the same movement that is in my Hamilton. SAD :(

7751 is more advanced than 7750, in that it adds complications to a 7750 (which is already a great movement).

It is more expensive than a 7750 to make and buy. I'm not knocking it at all, it is a great bit of kit. :)

Soldato
*shrugs*

I'd clear a fair few out if I could be bothered. I have never worn the Casio Edifice. That's a lie. I once wore it when I was out riding. Bought couple of years ago in an "amazon sale" I'd get rid of that. I'd sell the Seamaster, as I fancy an AT, or I might put it up for something else. A zeno can go, but I'll keep one... the new conquest can go, too.

But then I just generally can't be bothered with the crap that inherently comes with selling stuff lol

I have this crap in my cupboard at work...

Main wearers; 2 Zenos, 3 Longines, Omega Seamaster, Tudor Oyster, Zenith, Seiko 5, Bell & Ross (although it's in transit somewhere) and those 2 G Shocks.

And 8 pocket watches.

I would clear most though and target my main wants; PAM 249 (or I love the fidy too), Zenith Elite, Nomos, Omega AT, Rolex Explorer 2, JLC compressor.

When I'm 50 maybe... I'll request one for each milestone, maybe...

Caporegime
*shrugs*

I'd clear a fair few out if I could be bothered. I have never worn the Casio Edifice. That's a lie. I once wore it when I was out riding. Bought couple of years ago in an "amazon sale" I'd get rid of that. I'd sell the Seamaster, as I fancy an AT, or I might put it up for something else. A zeno can go, but I'll keep one... the new conquest can go, too.

But then I just generally can't be bothered with the crap that inherently comes with selling stuff lol

I have this crap in my cupboard at work...

Main wearers; 2 Zenos, 3 Longines, Omega Seamaster, Tudor Oyster, Zenith, Seiko 5, Bell & Ross (although it's in transit somewhere) and those 2 G Shocks.

And 8 pocket watches.

I would clear most though and target my main wants; PAM 249 (or I love the fidy too), Zenith Elite, Nomos, Omega AT, Rolex Explorer 2, JLC compressor.

When I'm 50 maybe... I'll request one for each milestone, maybe...

Lol that's mental.

Fair play, wish I could afford that lot! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Then I can get one of these...

img00141201101261624.jpg

lol

Back
Top Bottom