What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I am thinking of buying one of these.
http://blowers-jewellers.co.uk/iwc_fa_jones_iw5442.htm

I still think that Panerai are timeless but they are starting to get a bit popular and therefore flashy, it doesn't help that Jason Statham and others wear them, it is becoming a bit like Omega in that they are "the bond watch".

I really like the IWC I think it looks smart and money without saying "LOOK OVER HERE AT ME!"

Starting to get a bit popular? You're about 10 years too late. Arnie and Sly popularised them long ago.

I like the standard SS Portuguese, but not that one.

Soldato
Sorry to post this here but thought I would get the best responses.

My mum has asked for a new watch for Christmas and I have found one that I think fits the bill but wanted the opinion of the participants of this thread as you all really seem to know your watches.

This is the watch -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I am hoping it will go back down to last months price before Christmas, but is it a good one?

Associate
You cannot go far wrong with a Seiko 5.
They are good value for money and virtually bullet proof.
The only thing with an automatic is it has to be worn every day, (unlike a Quartz watch), to save you changing the day & date if the power reserve runs out.

For the money it is a good buy.

Soldato
fb9e6cc8566811e39efa12e01433d101_8.jpg

Wearing this a fair bit lately.

4p

4p

Soldato
fashion watches with an (invented) designer name

No qualities as a watch but not mega expensive, buy them if you like them as a piece of jewellery but nothing more

Thought as much. Fashion watch.

Are we talking it will stop ticking in 5 years or are they relatively good for £200?

Hate buying **** that isn't designed to last.

Don
probably will last longer than you will want to wear it for but then so will a 10 quid watch, the internals are cheap sp have a feel of the case and strap quality and see what you think

are the worth 200 quid? no but then again jewellery is rarely bought on value

Back
Top Bottom