What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Lovely, I also have this same watch:)

Thanks, my poor Oris WilliamsF1 Team Skeleton hasn't been on my wrist since.

Very nice watch Mekrel, I love the Jack Heuer 80th birthday edition also.

I really like that, it's a similar style to the following Carrera (I think this model is celebrating 50 years of Carrera), although the site doesn't mention so.

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0006792/TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Automatic-Chronograph-Mens-Watch/p

Soldato
Can anyone point me to the cheapest retailer who sell the Tissot PRC 200 please? I quite like the look of he black face/leather strap version. There seems to be loads of the bay but I'd rather get it from a reliable store.

Associate
£1K, easy choice for me. Nice second hand Omega Seamaster Bond 2531.80. Tough, reliable and unlikely to depreciate much, if at all.

h5wr.jpg

Where did you get this for £1k?

Man of Honour
I thought all OMEGA Automatics had 'Automatic' underneath?!

no

Used you can get the auto for around the 1k mark, quartz go for 600+

(May be I am a touch out as not been looking at the watch forums for a while, it's all about wooden gear clocks yo)

Soldato
no

Used you can get the auto for around the 1k mark, quartz go for 600+

(May be I am a touch out as not been looking at the watch forums for a while, it's all about wooden gear clocks yo)

You're right, i did a quick google late last night and forgot to come back and rectify my mistake!

Though, with the photo it does look like a quartz :p probably not though!

Associate
From the picture it looks like its a quartz model. The second hand looks as if its doing a quick move from one to the next and I thought all OMEGA Automatics had 'Automatic' underneath?!

That photo is taken at a slow shutter speed. The hand is sweeping rather than ticking, which is borne out by the fact that the arc it has created is smooth. If there was a definite tick, you would see the tip of the second hand a number of times as it stops momentarily.

A watch with a definite 'tick' i.e where the second hand stops momentarily each second, when taken at a slow shutter speed, looks like this

Last edited:
Associate
Currently have my eye on a couple of Orient Star pieces however ended up snagging the below this morning, another Orient and not something I'd normally go for but something different for a change and price was such a bargain, plus it gets plenty of good write ups (Worn and Wound review).

OrientBambino.JPG

*Not my photo.

That's quite a nice looking watch. They do some nice stuff, the only thing that puts me off is the logo - looks like a naff 1970's aftershave logo.

Back
Top Bottom