What watch do you wear?

Soldato
For the unintiated, its a dive watch certified to 5,000m depth (i.e. a lot!)
That seems very over engineered. Are you sure that's not 5000ft ?

The world record deep dive is 600 meters and that was in an atmospheric diving suit.
A standard scuba dive on air is only 155 meters

:: EDIT ::
Beaten by a 1 minute by Raymond

Associate
apparently its the movement which gives up the ghost at 5000m, the case is good for 11000m.

basically its filled with a non-compressible liquid - teflon oil. so no air means its basically indestructible.

same goes for the Bell Ross Hydromax which is no longer produced.

Soldato
The average depth of the ocean is about 4,300 meters and the deepest part (Challenger Deep) is approximately 11,030 meters.

It would be interesting to test the claims of that watch. I'm guessing the seals would fail pretty quickly.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^ http://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/UX_SDR_GSG_9.htm

They've obviously put it through rigorous testing to get those figures. You don't actually have to put it into the ocean deep to test what it will withstand - Can be tested in a lab.

Water-resistant as per DIN 8310
Pressure-resistance of the movement up to 5,000 m diving depth (= 500 bar) and of the case up to 12,000 m diving depth (1,200 bar), certified by Germanischer Lloyd Hamburg

:O

I do like Sinn watches, shame the cases are too large. They're very nicely priced as well, far below any Omega/Rolex diver but the spec is far higher even if the movement is an ETA quartz (an insanely accurate one no less).

Last edited:
Soldato
^ http://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/UX_SDR_GSG_9.htm

They've obviously put it through rigorous testing to get those figures. You don't actually have to put it into the ocean deep to test what it will withstand - Can be tested in a lab.

:O

I do like Sinn watches, shame the cases are too large. They're very nicely priced as well, far below any Omega/Rolex diver but the spec is far higher even if the movement is an ETA quartz (an insanely accurate one no less).

I love Sinn Watches too! I had a Sinn 356 for some time (till my Dad asked for it back!!! i was gutted!).

Lovely watch!

Associate
The face of the U-51 also floats my boat (below) but again the side furniture is just awful. Mind you, the diameter (51mm) and thickness (20mm) would probably put me off!

2d2et89.jpg

Back
Top Bottom