What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I really want to purchase the Michael Kors MK5792 watch, but is this a mans watch or a womens? Some sites say mans, some say womens. I really like the colour scheme, is there any other watch which is similar?

Associate
I really want to purchase the Michael Kors MK5792 watch, but is this a mans watch or a womens? Some sites say mans, some say womens. I really like the colour scheme, is there any other watch which is similar?

its a mans watch. its 41mm which isnt huge for men, but bigger than the avg ladies watch.

really wouldnt buy a gold looking watch which is actually steel. if its just the fact you want a steel chronograph watch with coloured accents/bezel then there are plenty of options.

Man of Honour
The colour combinations are horrendous, in my opinion. If you like the diver style, look here.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch.html

Towards the bottom of that list are options with coloured bezels. You're also getting a mechanical watch with a quality movement, not a quartz.

Edit: Just looked at the price of the MK watch, obviously the Steinharts are more. Have a look at http://www.creationwatches.com/ - you might find an Orient (mechanical) or a Seiko to your tastes for a good price.

Last edited:
Soldato
its a mans watch. its 41mm which isnt huge for men, but bigger than the avg ladies watch.

really wouldnt buy a gold looking watch which is actually steel. if its just the fact you want a steel chronograph watch with coloured accents/bezel then there are plenty of options.

I have small wrists so don't want anything which is really large.

It will be a formal watch, something which I can wear on an occasion. I want something in that style. Similar to the Rolex Yatchmaster? Well the sort of blue, red, gold colour schemes.

Associate
Couple of new straps today...

Hirsch Terra for the MBII:

i020.jpg

smxc.jpg

utcn.jpg

And a new one from WatchWorx for the Casio Edifice:

e2cd.jpg

zan5.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why? The colour is rather gash, but I sort of like it. It stands out, and I like things which stand out.

It stands out for all the wrong reasons. Come on man, have some decency/taste!

I don't think size denotes "ladies" watch in many cases. Just the design. Omega do 37.5mm divers and they're not in any gender category, likewise Rolex have some too.

Edit*
eff you smokedog! I had the edit tab open for ages before getting time to sit at the desk and post a reply! :p

I can see myself ordering one before the end of the week :D Would be rude not to for the price. :)

Get it before it's gone :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
New Omega Panda, really like it, might be my next watch purchase although I would like a Panerai on a brown strap first really.

9660-747988c62cd4e5efdb90ce20877ffd47.jpg

£4500

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The winder I got the other day works nicely, it's about as quiet as a home laptop I'd say. It has 4 modes which may prove useful in the future. The blue LED strip going around the face isn't really something I care about so modded it with black electrical tape so instead of a translucent trim shining light in all directions it's just a thin strip like diffused neon. Looks better, shines less light :)

winder_mod_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom