What watch do you wear?

Permabanned
The winder I got the other day works nicely, it's about as quiet as a home laptop I'd say. It has 4 modes which may prove useful in the future. The blue LED strip going around the face isn't really something I care about so modded it with black electrical tape so instead of a translucent trim shining light in all directions it's just a thin strip like diffused neon. Looks better, shines less light :)

winder_mod_2.jpg

How much was it and where from? I still need to get a bday present for my Father, his Rolex is a wind-up so this might be ideal.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
@ £52 that looks quite expensive for what it is.

I ordered this one yesterday - Klarstein 8GL1S Watch Winder : £62 including delivery

I saw that one and discounted it based on not having auto modes, the button on the back of that one just switches the direction. It looks fancier and thus a small amount pricier but has less features and what appears to be the same motor. This one I leave on mode C, rotates for 20 mins one direction, rests for 10 then rotates for 20 in the other direction and repeats.

Soldato
I saw that one and discounted it based on not having auto modes, the button on the back of that one just switches the direction. It looks fancier and thus a small amount pricier but has less features and what appears to be the same motor. This one I leave on mode C, rotates for 20 mins one direction, rests for 10 then rotates for 20 in the other direction and repeats.

Just stick it in the tumble dryer on a cool setting. :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is horrendous! More money than sense to the buyer of one of those :p

As we've discussed in the thread before, such value can be put on purpose made watches made by one man for the owner as something like that will never be identical.

Back
Top Bottom