What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
It's from the Rainforest - seller Songmics, three left at the moment.

Thanks, I have ordered from them. Went for a slightly different one with a few big compartments on the bottom drawer. I had the remains of a gift certificate knocking about on rainforest as well, so that was a bonus.

Soldato
Personally prefer the Seiko (even more if it was non-chrono)

How big are your wrists as one watch is 42mm and one 47mm

It could look like a plate lashed to your arm unless you have an appropriately sized limb :D

That's the way I'm leaning at the moment!..

I have sufficiently mahoosive Meathooks and Chunky enough arms/wrists to pull it off!! :)

Soldato
I'm currently torn between two!

It was my 40th birthday last month and I wanted a nice watch to mark the occasion, but couldn't really stretch to the Tissot Racing Touch I've been eyeing for some time!!

So I'm now looking at two different watches from Creation Watches (I think MRK is too blame)...

I like the basic looks and functions of the http://www.creationwatches.com/products/orient-watches-252/orient-diver-automatic-fem6500am9-mens-watch-3052.html at £78

Or doubling that for...

A bit more function and bulk, with the http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-chronograph-watches-63/seiko-solar-chronograph-divers-ssc019p1-ssc019p-ssc019-mens-watch-3210.html at £134

I really like both, but can only afford one! Is the Seiko worth nearly twice the Orient (I know its Solar and has a Chrono etc...)

What do you guys think??? I might do an 'ippy dippy' after payday!! :)

I have that orange Mako, if you look 5 or so few pages back you'll see photos of it. I attached mine to a orange and black leather strap, it looks really unique.

I think it depends in what kinda look you're after. Personally I find that Seiko a little busy looking, which is strange on such a large watch, maybe those photos on creation watches aren't doing it justice as often is the case.

Soldato
Thanks, I have ordered from them. Went for a slightly different one with a few big compartments on the bottom drawer. I had the remains of a gift certificate knocking about on rainforest as well, so that was a bonus.

No prob - pics when it arrives! :)

Really want a Bambino now :p Would probably go for the black face though.

The black had the slight edge with me and I don't regret the colour choice at all. I had three compliments in the space of a couple of days with it. I'd be lying if i said I wasn't also thinking about picking up the white one though :D. I would like a white faced watch in my collection, but I think I'd prefer something different to the white Bambino. Starting to scope out what's out there. ;)

Man of Honour
n8OOLhN.jpg

Decided it was time to get a half reasonable watch, thought the auto might be slightly too large for my wrist, but comparing the two it was fine.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Both movements come in both sizes (unless it's the revised model in which case 41mm minimum) but yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Aquaracer. The Longines looks/feels more premium too.

Soldato
Watch Box turned up today from Germany.

Surprisingly it's very good quality, I know there is a lot of tat around when it comes to budget watch boxes but this is very good and far exceeds my expectations for £44 delivered. Glass window, solid box design and the materials used inside and outside of very decent.

I was going to hold this purchase off, but as my collection is rapidly growing I needed somewhere to safely store my precious's. ;)

I'm already thinking about what to fill the bottom right compartment with.. but shhhh. ;)

Slide out the draw below and another 10 compartments appear!

WatchBox_3_17-01-14.jpg

I'll probably use one of these compartments for cufflinks. It's a close fit in this draw, if you have a watch that has a particularly thick case it'll struggle to fit.

Overall a great watchbox!

2StepSteve .... that's really really nice for the money. May I ask where you got it / link? :)

Soldato
Right... It's down to one of these two!! (thought better of the cost!!)

Or this one...

:)

Personally I prefer the Ray. The lume is slightly better and the bezel is more defined. It's all down to personal preference though. You can't go wrong with either.

2StepSteve .... that's really really nice for the money. May I ask where you got it / link? :)

It's from a seller on Amazon called Songmics, watchbox JWB006. This particular one is sold out now though. Keep an eye out as I'm sure it will come back. I may even get a second one at some point as I'm that impressed for the price paid.

Back
Top Bottom