What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Just seen on the supplied cards it's 4 years.

on Omega its 3 years, and 4 years for the co-axial movements, and on purchase of a new one form an AD or from the boutique, you can wangle a free service from them, taking it up to ten years before spending any major cash.

but this is not the point, winders are not needed in my opinion, even a watch within COSC limits will lose/gain time over a month,

so it will still need setting, even if it is in a winder ;)

on a side not, as an Omega fan, have you seen the new Speedmaster MKII? mmmmmm

6rjWMfM.png
GOFLrWj.png

and my 1969 near pristine example,

0rX20ul.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the silver and red dial but the not the bracelet.
My holy grail watch is the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon. The engineering which has gone into that watch is amazing.

Soldato
freakitchen got me to look at this which made me buy it...

2014-01-23

Soldato
A friend of mine is selling some watches, any idea what these are worth roughly? I'm not offering them for sale here, would just like to get an estimate from the experts here.

Eterna Kontiki 1990's winding
£200-£350

5yuFMa4.jpg

Vintage Baume Mercier Geneve 1830 Moon Phase 18ct Gold SS Steel Watch
anywhere between £500-£800 depending on condition and buyer.

3J7v4s9.jpg

Soldato
I like the silver and red dial but the not the bracelet.
My holy grail watch is the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon. The engineering which has gone into that watch is amazing.

It's not THAT impressive...all it has is a ceramic case and the 9300 movement found in other speedmasters.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think a Sinn would just look and feel more special. Or other oil filled watches. Just look at that dial from the angle pic posted above!

Associate
A friend of mine is selling this, but I like it a lot so will hopefully buy it from him at the end of the month. Although the 2014 IWC Galapagos model is really nice.

I was contemplating buying this watch last year. I like it. It's the style I usually gravitate too. Whats the asking price if you dont mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom