What watch do you wear?

Associate
Looks like I've magnetised my skx007 :( this time I'll get a watchmaker to have a look at it, but I was wondering if the cheap blue boxes on eBay are any good? Has anyone here used one?

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I can't afford much more! £100 is my maximum :(

(I'd love a Tissot T-Touch but £400+ is way out of my zone!)

***edit***

Not sure if MRK was talking too me now I've read a little further above!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Still doesn't make it a technological marvel!

Sure, it's not reinventing the wheel but if you are familiar with the ceramic heating and cooling process you'll know that to maintain precise colour and shape control from a liquid to a solid form isn't that easy ;)

Man of Honour
So this arrived today - Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red. Will try and take better photos later.

Steinhart%20Vintage%20Red.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^^

Nice. Is it an acrylic crystal too?

I much prefer the old Rolex' to most of the current offerings.

I think most of the Steinhart has Sapphire Crystal, the back casing actually has that info engraved.

Ray is quite right. I have a number of half-decent Seikos but this is the first watch that I've been properly impressed by the clarity of the glass. Just need to not scratch it now.

Love the watch so far, especially since I hadn't seen one before buying. There were a few Ocean Ones I liked, but the lack of the magnifier over the date on the Vintage Red led me to choose this one.

Caporegime
Ray is quite right. I have a number of half-decent Seikos but this is the first watch that I've been properly impressed by the clarity of the glass. Just need to not scratch it now.

Love the watch so far, especially since I hadn't seen one before buying. There were a few Ocean Ones I liked, but the lack of the magnifier over the date on the Vintage Red led me to choose this one.

There is a guy at work that only comes in about once a fortnight ish so he hot desks. This week he sat behind me and I noticed his watch. He saw me looking at gave me a closer look. It's some Rolex (not diver) that he bought 20+ years ago. the glass has scratched to pieces, I should've taken a picture but its not faint scratches, a couple felt like a chip off the surface !

The other thing I noticed immediately was the sweeping on the secondhand wasn't very smooth. I don't remember which model of watch it was but that was the first thing that struck me, how almost Quartz like the sweeping was.

p.s. he was impressed with my OB1 :)

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Probably beating at a lower rate than more recent models is all? Iv managed to bang my Hydro on the rocks/car door end and table ends by accident a number of times but not even a little scuff as of yet but each time I glanced at it slowly, expecting a big gash on the glass :p

The Bambino is mineral glass so still scratch resistant but obviously not as much as sapphire so git to be careful with that.

Back
Top Bottom