What watch do you wear?

was it a real rolex? my old mans 20 yo datejust perpetual (which i had a look at this morning) has a nice sweep to it.

Well, I am not a watch expert but I am taking on face value that it is a real Rolex from who the guy is and what he does.

Plus, he's had it 20+ years, would be hell of a fake to last 20 years ! :p

I do remember it was a GMT model, that's one thing we talked about on the watch.

Ray is quite right. I have a number of half-decent Seikos but this is the first watch that I've been properly impressed by the clarity of the glass. Just need to not scratch it now.

Love the watch so far, especially since I hadn't seen one before buying. There were a few Ocean Ones I liked, but the lack of the magnifier over the date on the Vintage Red led me to choose this one.

Nice watch! It's on my wish list. I'm also not a fan of magnifiers, I think they spoil the look of the watch.

does anyone on here wear "interesting" or "different" looking watches?
It's page after page of expensive watches that look the same with a few g-shock's chucked in.

When I was younger I had a couple of Pulsar Spoon watches, they always attracted comments.

12136468315_76640d742b.jpg
12136735683_9148110cf8.jpg

I also had this Storm watch - it had a built in compass and thermometer. Not that I ever used them.

12137247696_080d5f6ba2.jpg

Last edited:
:)

I remember posting photos of the Spoon watches on the original OcUK watch thread in January 2004. Think I bought them in 2002.

Well, I am not a watch expert but I am taking on face value that it is a real Rolex from who the guy is and what he does.

Plus, he's had it 20+ years, would be hell of a fake to last 20 years ! :p

I do remember it was a GMT model, that's one thing we talked about on the watch.

It can only be a GMT Master in that case.

I bought a flashgun for my NX300 and decided to have a go with bouncing flash off the wall.

The image came out slightly underexposed which I fixed in Lightroom, so still more toying around with the gun and camera settings before I start to master things.

wHqfBLz.jpg

The writing in the image is a bit pixelated, I'm not sure how to combat that during the Lightroom export process?

Bought this at the same time as Freakitchen got his. Which reminds me, have you paid me yet!? :D

It's a Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 47 Automatic A-Type:

Watch.jpg

It's quite big, probably as big as i can get away with. but so far, very pleased with it. Very simple, which to me is quite appealing!

7 days power reserve?!

http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portuguese/IW5001/
I think something like that is just absolutely beautiful.

Personally, an IWC like that > Any Omega.

Having had a browse through this thread, I must say thats the finest watch that I have seen. To be fair it should be at that price! As the fiance is determined that we need another property, I dont think I can stretch to that much for a watch......anything that looks similar at a reduced cost?

Incidentally, would probably be looking to spend something in the £300 price range. Just in case someone agrees that £15k is a bit much bit has a much cheaper £10k watch to suggest. I would be shot :D

I know it just oozes quality right? We all know watches look way better in person than in pictures so imagine what that IWC looks like in the flesh :eek:

Maybe one day... In the meantime have you checked out Tissot/Orient who have a few classic lines that in in similar styles and may be /around/ budget you've mentioned above?

Back
Top Bottom