What watch do you wear?

Pug

Pug

Soldato
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/A06Q_1_20120201_1389608.jpg[IMG]
[COLOR="Yellow"]**Please do not hotlink images**[/COLOR]
Not the shop, but same watch.

When pre-charged it is bright enough to see (a bit brighter than what I would expect After normal use) but under typical use the number markers are barely visible?

Soldato
I do love affordable watches and here's my first Indian watch; a handwinding HMT Pilot White.

HMT_Pilot_White.jpg

There's been quite a buzz around about this watch, it's cheap, looks rather good (blue hands!!) and keeps good time all for around £29, mine took 2 weeks to arrive from India.

After winding it 25 times it kept running for nearly 2 days, the movement is very loud, approaching grand father clock loud. :eek: ;)

It's quite a decent one that I have, others haven't been so lucky with this cheap as chips watch. The macro photo above when viewed at 100% shows up some imperfections that I hadn't noticed before on the face. Nothing serious though!

Sadly, at 36mm it's way too small for my 7.5" wrists, it doesn't look too bad in the below photo but up close it looks way too small, it gets lost on my hairy gorilla wrist :(

HMT_Pilot_White_wearing.jpg

It's a shame as if it was a few mm larger I think I'd keep it, I'll either give it away or sell it on. At least I now know that 36mm is too small for me.

The hunt for a white faced blue watch continues.. :p

Permabanned
I thought my Orange Monster may arrive today seeing as it landed in Birmingham this morning :/

From Singapore to Birmingham in two days and then the dozy brummies didn't deliver :(

Soldato
I do love affordable watches and here's my first Indian watch; a handwinding HMT Pilot White.

HMT_Pilot_White.jpg

There's been quite a buzz around about this watch, it's cheap, looks rather good (blue hands!!) and keeps good time all for around £29, mine took 2 weeks to arrive from India.

After winding it 25 times it kept running for nearly 2 days, the movement is very loud, approaching grand father clock loud. :eek: ;)

It's quite a decent one that I have, others haven't been so lucky with this cheap as chips watch. The macro photo above when viewed at 100% shows up some imperfections that I hadn't noticed before on the face. Nothing serious though!

Sadly, at 36mm it's way too small for my 7.5" wrists, it doesn't look too bad in the below photo but up close it looks way too small, it gets lost on my hairy gorilla wrist :(

HMT_Pilot_White_wearing.jpg

It's a shame as if it was a few mm larger I think I'd keep it, I'll either give it away or sell it on. At least I now know that 36mm is too small for me.

The hunt for a white faced blue watch continues.. :p
If you're going to give it away, I have skinny little wrists ;)

Soldato

Not the shop, but same watch.

When pre-charged it is bright enough to see (a bit brighter than what I would expect After normal use) but under typical use the number markers are barely visible?

Hmm.. yes that's a different model of Nighthawk to mine, the lume is also different, it's far darker in appearance, what colour does the lume glow after it's been exposed to light?

My Nighthawk has quite a minimal amount of lume on the dial, but it is quite bright:

Citizen_Promaster_NightHawk_BJ7010-59E-Lume.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You'd think given the name that they would put a healthy amount of layered lume on it but no, they don't :p

Seiko on the other hand will light up the sky with lume on the 5s that don't even warrant much lume!

Transmission breaker
Don
When you say construct, what do you mean? I'm really intrigued by this myself, but am wondering how much you bought/started with/created yourself?

kd

It's basically buying in components, and building up a watch..
Just like buying a PC I suppose :) I think anyone who can handle small tools can do it :)

I just managed to fix the mechanism on this one, it was working, but the crown was not staying seated. It seems I undid the detent screw too far, and it had popped out. So I took it all apart, and stripped off the top components from the mechanism and screwed the detent screw back into the tiny arm, and the re-constructed the mech, before re-entering the crown. I then tested the detent was working, and it was fine! So I am now going to make a water slide custom decal and make it look a bit different :)

Really interested in mechanisms now, and looking to see what else I can lean by fully stripping down a cheap chinese auto to components and re-build it as a learning exercise. Once I can do this, i should be able to replace parts on mechanisms which should mean I can fix most stuff :D

Associate
What do people think of frederique constant watches?

Ever since I saw the linked Iwc few pages ago, I've been looking for something almost as pretty

Soldato
Just pressed the button on one of those Parnis IWC Chronographs. For £66 quid or whatever it was it seems like it's worth a shot.

Which one did you go for? Black or brushed metal? The black case looks tempting, but a slight concern is how durable the finish will be on the black.

I thought my Orange Monster may arrive today seeing as it landed in Birmingham this morning :/

From Singapore to Birmingham in two days and then the dozy brummies didn't deliver :(

Creation? International shipments by DHL sadly do not deliver on Saturdays. You'll get it on Monday though :). It's worth the wait. My Orange Monster hasn't been off my wrist all week, I can't wear anything else right now. It's so much watch for the money! The lume is also insane, it stays bright all night, by the bedside table at 4am it's still burning my face off. ;)

Not sure if you're aware but the pins on the links are a little funky with the Monsters. They have a sleeper over them which prevents the pin from falling out. Becareful when adjusting the bracelet as these sleepers need to come out, they are very tiny and very easy to lose. It's a really annoying and silly design on an otherwise amazing watch.

If you're going to give it away, I have skinny little wrists ;)

Shall keep you in mind ;)

Permabanned
Creation? International shipments by DHL sadly do not deliver on Saturdays. You'll get it on Monday though :). It's worth the wait. My Orange Monster hasn't been off my wrist all week, I can't wear anything else right now. It's so much watch for the money! The lume is also insane, it stays bright all night, by the bedside table at 4am it's still burning my face off. ;)

Not sure if you're aware but the pins on the links are a little funky with the Monsters. They have a sleeper over them which prevents the pin from falling out. Becareful when adjusting the bracelet as these sleepers need to come out, they are very tiny and very easy to lose. It's a really annoying and silly design on an otherwise amazing watch.

Yeah Creation, boooo about Saturday deliveries!

I've heard the lume is like a torch at night :D Thanks for the info on the pins! Very useful :)

nam

nam

Soldato
Replacement Strap for GC

Hi All,
Does anyone have any experience in replacing a strap on a GC watch as the Strap seem's to be a custom fit ?

2014-02-09%2010.18.13.jpg

Soldato
Looking to buy an Omega Speedmaster next month.

Can anyone recommend any good AD's in London that would give a decent discount?

Also as i live in Canada looking to reclaim the VAT on departure

best bet is too go an Omega AD, most wont give much of a discount now, but haggle for a free service,

this can amount to £500+ and is a great way of future proofing your purchase

Soldato
Looking to buy an Omega Speedmaster next month.

Can anyone recommend any good AD's in London that would give a decent discount?

Also as i live in Canada looking to reclaim the VAT on departure

If you go to Kingston, try Ernest Jones or Fraser Hart. You'll be able to get at least 10% in Ernest Jones, if not more.

Back
Top Bottom