What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Probably going to sell my Kemmner, will pop it into the MM over the weekend I think.

warwick2012081100017.jpg

Soldato
As already said, its the Parnis topgun pilot. It's not a fake, the company make homages to well known watch designs and aren't marketed as being copies either. Great watches for the money. I've just ordered another Parnis so will post photos when it arrives :)

Have a photo of my seiko SMY on a james bond nato for now :D

12370872553_2e814f5b49_c.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's only true James Bond if it's in the correct colour (stripes) and 1mm smaller than the lug to lug width for maximum authenticity :p

Nice combination :)

Associate
As already said, its the Parnis topgun pilot. It's not a fake, the company make homages to well known watch designs and aren't marketed as being copies either. Great watches for the money. I've just ordered another Parnis so will post photos when it arrives :)

Have a photo of my seiko SMY on a james bond nato for now :D

I know it's a grey area, but it's about close to fake as it's possible to be without using the IWC logo. Bet it rolled off the same Chinese production line as the fake ones. A good homage like those from steinhart or cw are original designs but with design cues from famous brands not just a straight copy. I think there is a world of difference.

My 2 cents ymmv.

Love the seiko btw, and your photography.

Soldato
It's only true James Bond if it's in the correct colour (stripes) and 1mm smaller than the lug to lug width for maximum authenticity :p

Nice combination :)

Ha, i was going to get a smaller strap for that very reason, but couldn't bring myself to having the gap! I need to wear the strap for a few more years to get the proper colour :( The flash makes it look much cleaner than it looks though :p

Soldato
I know it's a grey area, but it's about close to fake as it's possible to be without using the IWC logo. Bet it rolled off the same Chinese production line as the fake ones. A good homage like those from steinhart or cw are original designs but with design cues from famous brands not just a straight copy. I think there is a world of difference.

My 2 cents ymmv.

I agree, a very grey area, as im 50/50, for and against your argument. Half of me thinks its blatantly a copy without the branding, but then the other half of me thinks its just a very similar design made by another company.

Is my seiko above a fake of the real deal below?

*** Don't hotlink images....*** - Will Gill

The question comes down to where do you draw the line, in my opinion that line is when a homage/fake/copy is being sold as something its not.

Love the seiko btw, and your photography.

Thank you :D

Soldato
I don't think the Parnis is any less different to the IWC than the Seiko to the Rolex. They both have small differences. The main difference between the seiko/rolex is the bezel.

http://www.watchcentre.com/lg_images/IWC-Black-Ceramic-Doppel-Chronograph-Top-Gun-B-P-IW379901[2].jpg[img]

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/12350559363_4eb4572bd1_c.jpg

**No hotlinking please**

Back
Top Bottom