What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can get good unbranded butterfly clasps from cousins or the bay for £5 to £10 many of the more expensive (but not high end) are identical but engraved

I've had the cheap ones in that range before and while they're almost identical in look/design they are less comfortable I found. The centre section that fans out when open and collapses in when closed, once closed it digs into the wrist more as it's not as flush especially at the middle where the release buttons are and caused discomfort. The more expensive one (£30+P&P) didn't have any such issue :p

Edit* In fact I think it was yourself at the time that replied saying the cheap ones are a bit pointless for this reason hence I I bought a proper one later!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think I did say all that..........I've got quite a lot of cheap ones, through to JLC and in my view some of the cheapies are very good, otherwise I wouldn't have said it ;)

My least comfortable by far is my JLC which if you buy without the watch is 100s

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think I did say all that..........I've got quite a lot of cheap ones, through to JLC and in my view some of the cheapies are very good, otherwise I wouldn't have said it ;)

My least comfortable by far is my JLC which if you buy without the watch is 100s

Hmm someone into their watches certainly did if it wasn't yourself! Ah well, I don't have it any more anyway :D

Turns out FedEx didn't need the form anyway as they released the watch for delivery last night. before the form was even sent to them by interparcel.

So much faff.

Soldato
Lovely, can't wait for my Parnis to arrive. It's been in transit from Hong Kong since the 12th of Feb!

What Parnis have you ordered? I'm tempted by another now (it's been about 3 days since my first Parnis arrived haha)

Nato strap arrived this morning. 22mm Green from timefactors.

And fitted up.....

Soldato
I have a Citizen Ecodrive WR200 - the titanium one.

To be honest, it's a purchase I regret a little. My hope that the titanium band and sapphire glass would be able to withstand my clumsiness was ill founded, so it's scratched to buggery. And now I've had it a while, I find it too busy - it's not like I regularly use any of the functions.

Basically, given the scratching, I've come to conclusion that, as much as I love the idea of a nice watch, they're wasted on me. :(

Soldato
Sapphire is not totally scratch resistant and will scratch if abused ;)

Do you think the damage was done at work? If it's pretty physical job that you have then you'd be better off with a hard wearing G Shock or similar.

Back
Top Bottom