What watch do you wear?

Soldato
First of all, excuse the not so great pics, taken quickly in far from ideal light conditions with a Nexus 5.

The new Parnis arrived this morning. I love it, bit different. Probably not to everyone's tastes! However I hate, and I mean absolutely hate the strap, it's just not comfortable at all. More to do with the buckle part than the rest of the strap. But the Green works I think... Going to order a Green Nato tonight to replace this.

The collection in what I'm calling the 2stepsteve watchbox (lol)

Top left is an old Diesel watch I've had for years.
Top middle is a Skagen I purchased in Dubai - very light weight with carbon fibre detailing.
Top right a trusty Casio F91w - the sign of a terrorist I am told!?
Lower left a Jorc Gray 1460 in matt silver / with purple detailing
Lower middle the new Parnis I ordered
Lower right a very much fake Tag Heuer Carrera of some kind (Dubai... surprisingly good quality for what is basically a beater I don't care about)

Soldato
It's a great box of the money isn't it? Sturdy build with a nice finish + a real glass window! All those compartments though just give you more of a reason to fill them with preciouses! Fill them all!!!!

It is mate I'm very impressed for the cost.

I've put cuff links, kilt pins and assorted other things like that in the bottom drawer as I don't have as many watches as you lol!

Green Nato ordered from Timefactors for the Parnis :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Also mrk, nice to read your thoughts on the different Nato straps. I'm likely to replace the strap on my Parnis with a higher quality Green Nato (I say this without having received the actual watch yet)

I'm excited - pics to follow :) and damn you all again lol :p

Green Parnis does look good and a green Nato will indeed look nice on that!

Bit of a weird tracking detail by FedEx on mine, it went from Fareham to Feltham to Memphis, 20 minutes away from destination and is now showing as in Feltham again which just doesn't make sense unless it's just tracking details error on the site.

Will find out soon enough I guess. I imagine I will remain watchless for another 2-4 weeks though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Another watch 2StepSteve I mean Raymond Lin? :p

Interparcel emailed today saying FedEx have a bit of a delay on my watch and it's currently in Indianapolis and they wanted a "watch works form" filled out which asks for a breakdown of components for the watch and relative costs.

I already filled in the costing details in the customs declaration but it seems they wanted more info like movement, origin, and so on. Filled in, emailed back.

It's at the depot some 20 minutes from the watchmaker's house! So much faff. Glad I'm only doing this once.

So far it's gone from Feltham to Stanstead airport to Memphis then back to Stanstead, Feltham, Stanstead and then to Indianapolis where it's with customs pending the form.

Can't wait to get it back and see the blue lume.

Caporegime
Bargain for £65, it even has AR coating by the looks of it.

Funny thing is that i was thinking about getting a butterfly clasp to try, one with a real leather strap would set me back £40 to £80 depending on brand.

I basically got a butterfly clasp now with a free watch !

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks like front AR coating, watch it carefully as a scuff at the wrong angle and you'll scrape off the coating leaving a hole that will be an eyesore.

One of the reasons I prefer AR coating on the underside only!

Caporegime
[TW]Sponge;25919257 said:
Where from?

eBay !

Looks like front AR coating, watch it carefully as a scuff at the wrong angle and you'll scrape off the coating leaving a hole that will be an eyesore.

One of the reasons I prefer AR coating on the underside only!

Meh, I can live with it if it happens, it's not like it cost me £6,500 or even £650.

S7COm5J.gif

M4S7dAj.jpg

I know I know, should've waited until 10:10.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bargain for £65, it even has AR coating by the looks of it.

Funny thing is that i was thinking about getting a butterfly clasp to try, one with a real leather strap would set me back £40 to £80 depending on brand.

I basically got a butterfly clasp now with a free watch !

You can get good unbranded butterfly clasps from cousins or the bay for £5 to £10 many of the more expensive (but not high end) are identical but engraved

Back
Top Bottom