What watch do you wear?

My dad's got a skagen, i assume it takes some beating, and does have a scuff mark on the case, and a few scratches on the face, however it does look good... You might want to have a look at one with the mesh straps...

have a looke over at Christopher ward... very good quality watches at very good prices.. you just missed the summer sale though unfortunately... have a look anyways.. they aren't exactly fashion watches but that doesnt stop them from looking very nice.

Ok so I went into town and came back with one of these, I paid a bit extra to what I would have ordering online, but I did try on quite a few watches and had excellent service so don't mind the extra.

EDIT: sorry nix I'm sure imageshack used to auto resize :/

Last edited:
Does anyone know any brands similar to Alessi that make similarly styled watches?

Things like:

D3747_53091241084358.jpg

D4363_124881278944429.jpg

D2646_43991278943172.jpg

D2937_44811278943235.jpg

I currently own the last one but in brown but looking for something new but similar. I only know of Alessi so that restricts my choices somewhat :p.

Does anyone know any brands similar to Alessi that make similarly styled watches?

Answered my own question and thankfully stumbled across Mr Jones Watches. My surname's Jones which adds to the appeal :D.

Thought I'd post their website as others may be interested: http://www.mrjoneswatches.com/. Not too expensive either, expected a lot more for the kind of brand/design they are.

Cyclops takes my fancy, though would want it with a leather strap. Trouble is the only stockists are in London, and I really want to try before I buy! Will need a visit methinks.

Last edited:
I'm looking closer, and closer, and closer, yet I'm still seeing a disgusting watch.
The orange dial and red numbers are horrible. I like everything else about it - many Omega's have loads of clunky bits added on which I hate but I just can't get over the colour.

an Omega Constellation, a 1970s one of the last models with full Omega movement (or so i was lead to believe). Wanted a speedmaster but funds would not strech

So I finally joined the Christopher Ward club.

C5 Malvern Aviator automatic, limited edition brown strap.

resizeddscf1850.jpg

resizeddscf1854.jpg

:cool:

/edit: I notice the C5 mkII has just appeared on the site. I definitely prefer the looks of the mk1.

Last edited:
same but mine has orange leather strap :D

Brave choice! Not a fan of the orange strap myself, still a great watch though.

I love the orange planet ocean, nice watch and one that i'm looking to get myself.

Get one! You won't regret it.

I'm looking closer, and closer, and closer, yet I'm still seeing a disgusting watch.
The orange dial and red numbers are horrible. I like everything else about it - many Omega's have loads of clunky bits added on which I hate but I just can't get over the colour.

Each to their own. I've always liked a bit of "subtle" colour, some of the plain seamasters look just that, and it's nice to have something that stands out from the crowd without being too harsh on the eye. It's all down to personal preference obviously but I can safely say I love this watch.

Day to day I have a Raymond Weil Othello, in simple black with numerals on only the 12 and 6. Can't find a pic!

I have a full-size Seamaster but I prefer the RW os a day to day watch, I regret the Seamaster as i dont wear it much but I love the classic design!

^^all that keyboard warrior action has bent your keyboard

Not sure about the 9 as a design feature on that watch.

LOL not much of a keyboard warrior to be fair - unless slagging off Steve Jobs and Apple counts?

No it is a little bit of an oddity but it does serve to balance the Black Dice logo on the other side - and to be fair at £68 I'm not quibbling too much over small design features. My main requirements were weight, simple face and a decent bracelet.

LOL not much of a keyboard warrior to be fair - unless slagging off Steve Jobs and Apple counts?

No it is a little bit of an oddity but it does serve to balance the Black Dice logo on the other side - and to be fair at £68 I'm not quibbling too much over small design features. My main requirements were weight, simple face and a decent bracelet.

:) yep, I can see your point re balance

Back
Top Bottom