What watch do you wear?

Don
I'll retract my 'brave man' comment and expand on it, were you on the waiting list or just purchase it at retail?

If so, brave man :p

Fwiw I'm a role wearer too if that helps with your agitation?

Soldato
I'll retract my 'brave man' comment and expand on it, we're you on the waiting list or just purchase it at retail?

If so, brave man :p

a few ninja edits later :p thatll learn you

I paid retail :o although it beats paying blowers or watchclub a premium.

it seems expensive but for an inhouse chrono its not so bad in comparison to some of the other similar brands.

also its relatively liquid at 90% of rrp.

Last edited:
Don
Oh I love daytonas, I will have another one some day, just need to ensure I make better life/business choices ;) my watch collection haemorrhaged from four (graham chronofighter, ss 116520 Daytona, navitimer and skyland avenger) to my one milguass, but as you say they hold their value and I actually made money on mine.

Enjoy and sorry for not explaining my comment better

Soldato
Oh, you just meant better.

;););););););););)

:D subjective!

i have owned a JLC Master Compressor chrono (which actually went to part fund this, glad i hadnt bought it at RRP :o) and whilst it was a great piece i prefer both my sub c and daytona over it.

i havent tried AP yet, but as an ownership proposition rolex are hard to beat

Man of Honour
:D subjective!

i have owned a JLC Master Compressor chrono (which actually went to part fund this, glad i hadnt bought it at RRP :o) and whilst it was a great piece i prefer both my sub c and daytona over it.

i havent tried AP yet, but as an ownership proposition rolex are hard to beat

Just kidding, I am becoming a fan of them. JLC is really my bag but I have a bit of an itch for a sub at some point.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks like my watch will be on the bench next week and I'll get it back by July. 5 months for a lume mod! Hopefully the work is as good as everyone who recommended MCWW says so will have been worth the wait.

Needless to say, this watch is with me for life even if I add a new watch in years to come. There isn't another all brushed with blue and green lume HydroConquest out there :p

Soldato
Oh I love daytonas, I will have another one some day, just need to ensure I make better life/business choices ;) my watch collection haemorrhaged from four (graham chronofighter, ss 116520 Daytona, navitimer and skyland avenger) to my one milguass, but as you say they hold their value and I actually made money on mine.

Enjoy and sorry for not explaining my comment better

Graham Chronofighter, yuck!!

OcUK Staff
I am such a skinny guy, with long skinny arms. I have thought about getting a watch that is nice, but I am pretty sure most watches will look absolutely stupid on me?

Anyone here skinny who wears watches and it suits you? - Or is there a certain watch to go for with skinny people so it doesn't look out of place? :p

Soldato
I am such a skinny guy, with long skinny arms. I have thought about getting a watch that is nice, but I am pretty sure most watches will look absolutely stupid on me?

Anyone here skinny who wears watches and it suits you? - Or is there a certain watch to go for with skinny people so it doesn't look out of place? :p

G Shock.

Man of Honour
unless you are really drawn to the older ones the sub-c is probably the best all round watch ive owned and very solidly made :)

I've no desire for vintage on a dive watch (I muck about in the sea and river too much for the stress of that) so that would prob be the best. A very expensive house move this year puts it on the back burner though.

Man of Honour

watch sizes are thankfully coming back down from the everything oversized fad

There are watches to suit every wrist. If a round case is what you are after look in the 34-39mm range and you will not find it over the top, particularly if not too thick as well.

Associate

Much will depend on the style of watch you like. Surprisingly, big watches are relatively recent trend - and most establishes suppliers have ranges that are quite small on the wrist (try on a Rolex Submariner). Luckily the trend for huge watches seems to have abated a bit.

Just go to a decent shop and try on a few. I've got small wrists and can get away with anything up to 43mm depending on how big the lugs are. At that sort of size most of the quality suppliers will have one in the range.

Back
Top Bottom