What watch do you wear?

This is why Rolex has become a bit "chavy", reserved for movie tie-ins and gangster rappers.

I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

Much better luxury watch brands out there like Patek Phillipe, Vacheron and Constantin, Audemars Piguet.

Then you have Jeager LeCoultre and A. Lange & Sohne.

Then you get down to bling bling gangster rapper and 007 50th Anniversary edition Rolex rubbish.

hmmm

How do you explain this then:

Jay Z with his Audemars Piguet

Jay_Z_Audemars_Piguet_Royal_Oak_Watch.jpg

50 cent with his Audemars Piguet

50_cent_iced_out_audemars_piguet_watch_diamonds.jpg

Lil Wayne with his Audemars Piguet

lil_wayne_audemars_piguet_royal_oak_offshore_ap.jpg

Trey Songz with his Audemars Piguet

Trey_Songz.jpg

Eminem with his Casio:

eminem_berzerk_9_519x250.jpg

Note I'm not saying Audemars Piguet makes rubbish watches rather I'm rubbishing your proposal that seeing rappers wear a watch makes it rubbish and/or the idea that they mostly wear Rolex (they wear all manner of expensive watches) - I'm sure some of the above own a Rolex too and Audemars Piguet watches aren't exactly discrete either.

Much better luxury watch brands out there like Patek Phillipe, Vacheron and Constantin, Audemars Piguet.

only £379k

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/inde...gle_shopping&gclid=CO6H9MW8zb4CFZShtAodAVcADA

Then you get down to bling bling gangster rapper and 007 50th Anniversary edition Rolex rubbish.

Omega made that.

Rolex Oysters are robust watches. In the case of Rolex Submariner Comex divers were issued either a Submariner or Sea Dweller, this then lasted the diver their entire service, this could be 20 years working under the North Sea.

Last edited:
hmmm

How do you explain this then:

Jay Z with his Audemars Piguet

50 cent with his Audemars Piguet

Lil Wayne with his Audemars Piguet

Trey Songz with his Audemars Piguet

Eminem with his Casio:

Note I'm not saying Audemars Piguet makes rubbish watches rather I'm rubbishing your proposal that seeing rappers wear a watch makes it rubbish and/or the idea that they mostly wear Rolex (they wear all manner of expensive watches) - I'm sure some of the above own a Rolex too and Audemars Piguet watches aren't exactly discrete either.

Easily:- The ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE Gangster rapperz line

Rolex is all gangster wrapper line...

15 year old watch strap broke, sent it to Tissot who dont make the part, offered me this for £120.00 plus old watch for parts. Nice little watch, not too bulky.

2vwcl52.jpg

Last edited:
Omega are a solid purchase. As with all the best brands, most models will retain most of their value over time, some rare models will appreciate a bit more.

Just look after it and service it on time and it should do you fine.

JanesyB, nice watch, what is the accuracy like on these? I always liked the Seiko SKX011J1 but read mixed reports about people having to get them calibrated.

I do own the Seiko BFK Kinetic and think Seiko make great watches especially for the money, there kind of like the Honda of watches!

Got a couple of Seikos, one is -15sec a day, the other -30sec a day and the power reserve isn't great on either.

It's a lucky dip really, but for the money they're great watches and out of the four watches I have I change the one I wear regularly so the accuracy on these two doesn't worry me too much.

Back
Top Bottom