What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My Seiko SKX007K2 is losing time so much nowadays. I tend to set my watch 3-4 minutes fast to make sure I don't miss the first of my two trains home at the end of the day. Today I thought I was 2 minutes early but in fact I was 2 minutes late. I find that my watch can go from 3-4 minutes fast to 2-3 minutes slow in a week.

Is there anything I can do to 'fix' the watch? Or should I just forget about the watch and get another model?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My Seiko SKX007K2 is losing time so much nowadays. I tend to set my watch 3-4 minutes fast to make sure I don't miss the first of my two trains home at the end of the day. Today I thought I was 2 minutes early but in fact I was 2 minutes late. I find that my watch can go from 3-4 minutes fast to 2-3 minutes slow in a week.

Is there anything I can do to 'fix' the watch? Or should I just forget about the watch and get another model?

If it has personal value to you then take it to a watchmaker and have it serviced. That watch won't cost the earth to be seen to properly either. Otherwise just get another :cool:

Soldato

How old is it? Probably just needs to be regulated depending how old it is. Shouldnt cost more than £50.

Soldato
I wear a Richard Mille. ;)
:eek: I'd have to bankrupt a small African nation to afford one of those!!

If it has personal value to you then take it to a watchmaker and have it serviced. That watch won't cost the earth to be seen to properly either. Otherwise just get another :cool:
Not really. I bought it for myself. I've found the watch a bit heaver and a bit chunkier than I was expecting it to be. Can you suggest any other watches that have a similar style to my Seiko but aren't as heavy and chunky?

Are watchmakers also jewellers? How can I find my nearest watchmaker? And don't go all lmgtfy.com on me! :D

How old is it? Probably just needs to be regulated depending how old it is. Shouldnt cost more than £50.
I bought it new from Creation Watches in January 2013! :mad: £50 is more than I'm prepared to spend on it really. I suppose I would spend more than £50 on another watch so...... :o

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
:eek: I'd have to bankrupt a small African nation to afford one of those!!

Not really. I bought it for myself. I've found the watch a bit heaver and a bit chunkier than I was expecting it to be. Can you suggest any other watches that have a similar style to my Seiko but aren't as heavy and chunky?

Are watchmakers also jewellers? How can I find my nearest watchmaker? And don't go all lmgtfy.com on me! :D

I bought it new from Creation Watches in January 2013! :mad: £50 is more than I'm prepared to spend on it really. I suppose I would spend more than £50 on another watch so...... :o

What about something like this? http://www.creationwatches.com/prod...t-automatic-skz211j1-skz211j-skz211-3810.html

Some of them will be watchmakers as they work on them in store at the back, other jewellers will send the watch away to be seen to. Best off enquiring I guess although I think you may well find a few via Google Maps searching for watchmakers in your area (I did and found one down the road, been there for decades and I never even noticed :o).

Speaking of watchmakers, my watch is being worked on this weekend - Motorcity in MI apologised for the delay, they've been swamped apparently. It's been a long ~5 months without it.

Soldato
Just spotted an Orient Ray (Blue) with the steel strap for £118 delivered. I know they were around the £200 not too long ago so I'm guessing that's a good price?

Anyone seen them cheaper recently?

Associate
Haven't worn a watch for like... 5 years already... But gotta say it is still a very nice accessory. I used to have a cute green Casio one....

Caporegime
10414030_732584880138016_1698783177_n.jpg

I think you should let me have this watch as a token of our internet fwiendship.

Plus, I have you on LinkedIn...so that makes us like, best buds...right?

Soldato
Dude, I didn't BUY it. I tried it on when comparing the 2 (rolex vs omega). The Mrs would kill me at the moment. I just sank 1200quid on a new exhaust, which she doesn't know the full price of :p

I said to her I'd sell a couple, then I'd get this, so then at least she'll think it's covered the costs ;)

Caporegime
Dude, I didn't BUY it. I tried it on when comparing the 2 (rolex vs omega). The Mrs would kill me at the moment. I just sank 1200quid on a new exhaust, which she doesn't know the full price of :p

I said to her I'd sell a couple, then I'd get this, so then at least she'll think it's covered the costs ;)

Haha, it's like the old saying "I really hope my gf/wife doesn't sell on my stuff when I die, she'll only sell it for half of what I paid!" :D

BUT when you do buy it, you'll let me have it? ja?

How much was that watch anyway? Would be tempted to sell the Hamilton and fund the rest...wait, just seen its £2700.

Maybe not! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom