What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Of course it is. It isn't anything. It is used to help us communicate event occurrences, which someone put a name to. It's not like a chemical element, which had something to show for it, which we discovered. The whole concept is theoretical.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Of course it is. It isn't anything. It is used to help us communicate event occurrences, which someone put a name to. It's not like a chemical element, which had something to show for it, which we discovered. The whole concept is theoretical.

I guess we would be bordering on technicalities here but time is a concept yeah but it has existed long before humans walked the planet. Our concept of time is so that we can measure it and put a number to everything. Time is a thing, no we can't grab hold of it and use it like we can with chemical elements and we don't know exactly why it's a thing or how. We didn't invent "it" nor can be manipulate it, we just know it exists and for intents and purposes, is the rhythm of the (our?) Universe!

Soldato
I'll agree the divisions of time based on a planets solar day is a somewhat arbitrary concept, albeit a logical one. But time itself, the linear progression of events is a scalar dimension with a minimum value defined by Planck.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly, but it's defined by Planck, which is the measure of light travelling in a vacuum, a distance, which is essentially based on theory :p and it also uses "time" as that unit of measuring that light travel, which is conceptual as well.

I know exactly what you mean, I just like the discussion. ha

It is exactly that though, logical, which is what humans need in order to understand something.

New studies (I read on Google) explain time more as, "Time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement"

Soldato
Exactly, but it's defined by Planck, which is the measure of light travelling in a vacuum, a distance, which is essentially based on theory :p and it also uses "time" as that unit of measuring that light travel, which is conceptual as well.

I know exactly what you mean, I just like the discussion. ha

It is exactly that though, logical, which is what humans need in order to understand something.

New studies (I read on Google) explain time more as, "Time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement"
I'm an Engineer, we tend to be pragmatic and just use the tools given to us by the universe rather than worry about where they came from, leave that to the Physicists. Planck units are based on 5 universal values we have observed to be Constants, look up Boltzmann etc. They're there, they exist. Time is a dimension, it simply adds a 4th coordinate to the Euclidean xyz position of a point in space. So we exist in this coordinate system, where you stand right NOW, emphasis on now is a point in not only space but time. By observation we see spacetime events with this real 4th dimension. Otherwise all the events at that point did/are/will occur at the very same instant. Which I don't see often, not without medication at least. But you're right, our understanding of 'time' comes from perception, and perception is just a construct of a consciousness trying to define reality. Zhuangzi's butterfly dream comes to mind.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
10 large ones and all is has to show is a button with the words "Magic" stamped on it? :p

Add some more and go for something actually unique:

Associate
Don't have it on me at the mo, but this is what I wear -
Timex-Watches-T49772fw800fh800.png

Only thing is, the strap has broken twice now. Hence why I'm not wearing it at the mo. :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Edit* Scratch that, ordering a Halios Tropik SS in blue. The black is returning in stock next month but the blue is limited and will not make a return so I've decided to order the last one left via the Europe Halios store with blue genuine shark skin strap. Bracelet coming later this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really tempted by this. What do you think? 1963 Smith Watch with sterling silver case, serviced, regulated and crystal replaced.

Bit different to the chunky Seamaster-esque watches that people like here (which are completely not my cup of tea) so appreciate it's not to everyone's taste.

9e1zxSb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom