What watch do you wear?

All I want is an Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon.

Full black ceramic case body, dials, strap buckle, lugs & pushers and white gold markers - lush !!
RRP is £7.5k but they can be found for around £6.4k - Maybe when my son leaves home in 25+ years :p

15424054397_79f9ecc5de_c.jpg

Last edited:
Not just any straps though. It'll need to be shipped overseas with a 3 month turnaround :p

Oh? Shortest 3 months ever then ;)

67HVBG1.jpg

Yes most definitely. Give me a text when you've got some solid dates and we can compare pieces over lunch/a drink.

Will be around Saturday/Sunday, perhaps Sunday is a good day,. I'll message you to confirm closer the time :p

Ok does time for a fun game!

Post your next realistic watch...and then your ultimate watch 'goal'

I must have a column wheel powered one from Longines one day! I think it will be a Chrono as I will want something that would be a different direction to the Pelagos so...

Realistic:
Longines Heritage 1973
- Caliber: L688 (54hrs reserve).
- 40mm case, 30m water resist.
- Sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- £2200~ :S

Dream:
90% of everything from every Baselworld expo :(

No... At what point did I say I'd be using just the nato?

I like those straps, I'll wear it (and the rubber strap the watch came with) on occasions but 90% of the time will be the bracelet.

Edit*
Boxed up and ready to go to its new owner. A sad sight, 2 years of great use.

rps20141024_010325_760.jpg

Had one guy from Hawaii make an offer and is willing to pay whatever the shipping costs but also had local interest, just waiting on their offer.

Last edited:
All I want is an Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon.

Full black ceramic case body, dials, strap buckle, lugs & pushers and white gold markers - lush !!
RRP is £7.5k but they can be found for around £6.4k - Maybe when my son leaves home in 25+ years :p
There are two on watchfinder at the moment.

hnnngggg...

That tudor is something I lust after, shame I'm saving for a house deposit :(

Lucky for me borealis like to "borrow" tudor's designs :p

XI93l7V.jpg

6p1uhYH.jpg

1500m diver with sapphire crystal, lumed ceramic bezel, ratcheting extension clasp and a seiko 4r36.
Not so much a direct clone, but more of a cross between the original ********* and the pelagos.

That dish depth inside the dial tho!

Looks rather good and they've not skimped on anything either. 15.9mm thick with dome though, that's certainly going to get noticed :p

What's the deployment clasp like? Today I was looking closer at the Pelagos one and only just realised how they've made the locking mechanism work. Where the secure bit comes over once the clasp is closed are 2 sets of what look like white ball bearings. When the main clasp is closed only one set of balls hold it in place, when the security clasp is closed over it both pairs lock in place - Until the security clasp is closed the main clasp can easily be opened without much force which is nice for quick adjustments.

I bet a large chunk of the cost of this watch is down to this deployment clasp :S

That dish depth inside the dial tho!

Looks rather good and they've not skimped on anything either. 15.9mm thick with dome though, that's certainly going to get noticed :p

What's the deployment clasp like? Today I was looking closer at the Pelagos one and only just realised how they've made the locking mechanism work. Where the secure bit comes over once the clasp is closed are 2 sets of what look like white ball bearings. When the main clasp is closed only one set of balls hold it in place, when the security clasp is closed over it both pairs lock in place - Until the security clasp is closed the main clasp can easily be opened without much force which is nice for quick adjustments.

I bet a large chunk of the cost of this watch is down to this deployment clasp :S

Its not a waif by any stretch of the imagination, but I love the way the dome distorts the dial :)

The clasp isn't anything fancy, its the same variety as you'd find on most micro brand divers. But it works well.
BOwHXpH.jpg

fc1G8GI.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if a replacement clasp for you tudor cost the same as my sea hawk, the thought that went into that is something else.

I made the mistake of looking in here again :(

I've currently got two Christopher Ward Ltd Edition Military watches - The Ad Adstra and the RAF Lossiemouth versions of the C7 but both need to be sent back for servicing.

Looking to step up in the watch department and get something a bit more luxurious. So far I've looked at the following.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Oris-Artelier-Mens-Watch/p/17600847/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Formula-1-Gents-Watch/p/17380743/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Maurice-Lacroix-Les-Classiques-Mens-Watch/p/17500365/

Anyone got any recommendations of other watches up to £1500 although budget may increase if the right watch comes along!

I like the look of the Chronograph style watches along with skeleton watches but I'm open to any suggestions really.

I made the mistake of looking in here again :(

I've currently got two Christopher Ward Ltd Edition Military watches - The Ad Adstra and the RAF Lossiemouth versions of the C7 but both need to be sent back for servicing.

Looking to step up in the watch department and get something a bit more luxurious. So far I've looked at the following.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Oris-Artelier-Mens-Watch/p/17600847/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Formula-1-Gents-Watch/p/17380743/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Maurice-Lacroix-Les-Classiques-Mens-Watch/p/17500365/

Anyone got any recommendations of other watches up to £1500 although budget may increase if the right watch comes along!

I like the look of the Chronograph style watches along with skeleton watches but I'm open to any suggestions really.

Both the Maurice Lacroix and Tag you linked are Quartz watches according to those specs. For that price everyone will advise you against getting those and rightly so considering there are hundreds of other Automatic watches in or around that price that are similar in design!

How about something like a Classic Conquest?

The normal Conquest Chrono has a nicer sporting edge too:

94_conquest_l2.744.4.56_3_cm.jpg

Last edited:
Both the Maurice Lacroix and Tag you linked are Quartz watches according to those specs. For that price everyone will advise you against getting those and rightly so considering there are hundreds of other Automatic watches in or around that price that are similar in design!

How about something like a Classic Conquest?

The normal Conquest Chrono has a nicer sporting edge too:

94_conquest_l2.744.4.56_3_cm.jpg

Cheers for that. Didn't realise they were just quartz movements.
Good looking longines watch there, but may be stretching the budget a bit too far :-( would be taking out the finance deal so might not be too bad though.

Back
Top Bottom