What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What number of the 300 made is your one? Quite a unique case design on that too. They seem to do a DLC version which looks really cool. Polished I'd go mad over as that finish gathers scratches very easily even with a light brush along a coat zipper etc :o

Soldato
I was in Harrods yesterday, went down to the 'Exotic Watches' section and became a gibbering wreck!!

Omega, Brightling, Tudor, Longines, Rolex and Tag to name a few...

Shame my numbers didn't come up Friday or Saturday!! :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Planning on getting one of each? :p

Just came across this guy's video where he notes some interesting easter eggs on the Pelagos bracelet. It's safe to say this deployment definitely will remain a Tudor exclusive :p

Soldato
I was in Harrods yesterday, went down to the 'Exotic Watches' section and became a gibbering wreck!!

Omega, Brightling, Tudor, Longines, Rolex and Tag to name a few...

Shame my numbers didn't come up Friday or Saturday!! :(
Hmm none of those brands scream exotic to me when they can all be picked up in every major shopping centre.

Surely Harrods had some more interesting brands?

Associate
What number of the 300 made is your one? Quite a unique case design on that too. They seem to do a DLC version which looks really cool. Polished I'd go mad over as that finish gathers scratches very easily even with a light brush along a coat zipper etc :o

235/300. DLC is cool, but all 100 sold out pretty quickly. There's a guy on WUS who had his polished case after-market DLC'ed. I chose this partly because of the design, finish and material quality as well as the relative exclusivity. It's certainly not likely to be mistaken for anything else! The other reason is that Schofield's office is ten minutes walk from here, so I've been able to visit a couple of times and meet Giles (the owner/designer) and get an insight into the design and manufacture. So it's a nice personal connection to the brand.

You're right about the finish - it's likely to pick up some scratches.....polishing cloth on standby!

The straps are amazing too, as is the packaging:

SasMsU.jpg

Soldato
I made the mistake of looking in here again :(

I've currently got two Christopher Ward Ltd Edition Military watches - The Ad Adstra and the RAF Lossiemouth versions of the C7 but both need to be sent back for servicing.

Looking to step up in the watch department and get something a bit more luxurious. So far I've looked at the following.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Oris-Artelier-Mens-Watch/p/17600847/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Formula-1-Gents-Watch/p/17380743/

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Maurice-Lacroix-Les-Classiques-Mens-Watch/p/17500365/

Anyone got any recommendations of other watches up to £1500 although budget may increase if the right watch comes along!

I like the look of the Chronograph style watches along with skeleton watches but I'm open to any suggestions really.
Tag is dog turd. Go second hand. I got an omega sea master for 1400 on watch u seek last month

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thinking about it, going second hand would be ideal in that instance, cheaper price and then you can get it serviced for circa £500 at an AD and it comes back like a new watch.

Soldato
Thinking about it, going second hand would be ideal in that instance, cheaper price and then you can get it serviced for circa £500 at an AD and it comes back like a new watch.

You don't need to get it serviced immediately. Just don't buy a dog, get one that was serviced say under 5 years ago and is near mint condition, save 50% or more over buying new.

Buying new watches that are over £400-500 is idiotic.

How much was that Longines you bought? You could have got it cheaper second hand or got more watch for the money.

I'm not trying to be mean :)

Soldato
Hmm none of those brands scream exotic to me when they can all be picked up in every major shopping centre.

Surely Harrods had some more interesting brands?

Harrods is just a jazzed up John Lewis with huge markups though is it not?

I don't find the prices of Harrods anymore expensive than other retailers. Harrods just stock some of the more blingy stuff.

There were loads of others, most of which I have never heard of!

There was one watch that had a proce tag of £82,000 on it, and it just looked like a sparkly Rolex style watch (Diamonds on the Numbers and round the Bezel and probly Platinum or White Gold or summut!!)

Not to my taste though!! :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am selling the Longines now as I have no need for it but at the time nobody was selling one in blue and it was hard to come by even in stores in stock. I bought the last one from the AD at £790

I don't see what's idiotic about it, Sometimes people want something that's never been used by someone else. If nobody bought something new there wouldn't be a used market.

Soldato
Man, want a new one. This is annoying. Zenith pilot would be lovely. I change my mind daily. Either way, would get hanged right now.
Love the Tudor though, I think they're great. I love my old school oyster date. I'd love an old sub too, love the detail and they're different.

Soldato
Depends if you know where to look in the first place!
Looking around the popular used watch websites the 42mm Aqua Terra he posted can be found new for just under £3k, a used AT 39mm dial is £2,850.

So a £100 saving for a smaller dial version of the same watch.
He could also be waiting a while for a used 42mm dial to pop up for sale.

In this instance buying new would be the way to go.
Unless you go for a 3+ year old watch then the used savings appear to be very small.

Last edited:
Soldato
Collector and enthusiast forums are the way to go for used. All these places like watches.co.uk, watchfinder etc don't make it worthwhile unless you're trading/part exchanging.

Back
Top Bottom