What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
also surprised as my pelagos is by far the brightest lume watch ive got in my collection.

Ah quick question for you! Have you noticed this on yours, actually I've noticed this on many watches with folding security clasps but because of the slightly darker satin finish on Titanium I noticed it easier on this - Where the folding clasp lock opens up the backside makes contact with the link behind it and leaves a little nick that's visible under strong lighting:

sketch-1415025823291.jpg

sketch-1415025755101.jpg

Soldato
Agreed, there's a few nicer imo and a sports watch is probably more versatile if you only have one watch but in the "attainable" category that's definitely a must-have.

Yup, although it's far from small change, it's definitely attainable for me in a few years, which is lucky!

Soldato
Ah quick question for you! Have you noticed this on yours, actually I've noticed this on many watches with folding security clasps but because of the slightly darker satin finish on Titanium I noticed it easier on this - Where the folding clasp lock opens up the backside makes contact with the link behind it and leaves a little nick that's visible under strong lighting:

You know why the titanium is being marked easily right? It's nothing to worry about.

Permabanned

sketch-1415025823291.jpg

sketch-1415025755101.jpg

I wouldn't worry.

In fact I'm surprised it's still on the watch!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Already sold, bought a Sub and Seamaster. Why buy anything else eh ;)

You know why the titanium is being marked easily right? It's nothing to worry about.

Oh of course, it was just a small observation :p Material densities compared to strength always fascinate me :cool:

Soldato
Already sold, bought a Sub and Seamaster. Why buy anything else eh ;)

Oh of course, it was just a small observation :p Material densities compared to strength always fascinate me :cool:

Yep, titanium looks awesome and very light but unfortunately it marks and dents very easily.

Titanium does not dent easily; but due to the relatively low grade of titanium used in the watch and jewellery industry, the titanium will develop a very thin oxide layer as it reacts with the atmosphere, which is why you see the marks/scratches on your bracelet. They polish off really easily. I used a fibreglass pen on my 2009 Seiko Samurai and it came up like almost new.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah it scratches but not dent easily. It's tougher than the Steel equivalent. I read about the scotch pens but I'm too used to finishing with my own pads to remove scratches and have a system worked out for that so will use that method if scratches appear on the main bracelet links.

You can see the top layer on the Titanium with a magnifying glass or a photo at 100% zoom, has that kind of buffed look to it which looks pretty cool rather than just being plain satin brush finished. Kind of looks like it was machined by hand in a way. Whatever way you look at it I think it looks neat :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I wouldn't bother trying to keep it looking perfect, you'll drive yourself metal.

What have you done with Bryan? The real one would never use such a pun!

But yes, it's not about polishing anything out, I don't like polished because it is too shiny, all about the matte/brushed finish.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone had experience of (or likes the look/spec of) Griffin Emblem watches - Website

Apparently use Miyota 82S0 and 82S5 movements.

Just spotted that there's a campaign page with better prices than the main site - HERE

Last edited:
Soldato
Never heard of them but I suppose for the money you're getting a reasonable movement and a 316L case. My money would go elsewhere, but for the sake of £200 if you like it then why not.

Soldato
Thanks panthro,

Yeah, caught my eye late last week. I've been meaning to post here to ask someone more knowledgeable so appreciate the reply. :)

Only thing I need to decide now is whether that 45mm case size is too much.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There's only one way to know that for sure, try one on :p Try a 45mm watch on in a local shop to get a feel for the size and relative weight.

Back
Top Bottom